Stat of the night?

Sam

Reaction score
6-26 from three point range.
As hot as we were vs Texas that is how cold we were tonight.
Law of averages I guess.

And they were 5-8. That tells me they took (and made) wide open 3's and OU jacked all night.

Looking at the box score I am surprised OU was in the game, but I suppose they didnt get the usual out of Mike Singletary and Reese didnt score, he is normally good for 7-12 points.

ou shot some difficult 3s in the 2nd, but most of the 3s were good shots. sometimes they just don't go in.

And they were 5-8. That tells me they took (and made) wide open 3's and OU jacked all night.

Looking at the box score I am surprised OU was in the game, but I suppose they didnt get the usual out of Mike Singletary and Reese didnt score, he is normally good for 7-12 points.

Singletary's 28 footer with 1 on the shot clock was not wide open and a dagger.

We took way too many 3's in the 1st half. Any time there was a break, our guys jacked-up a 3 instead of driving it to the hoop. We took what 27 shots in the 1st half and 15 of them were from 3. That's how less talented mid-majors play.

TMG, Cade and the rest of the team picked a bad time to go cold from the outside.

We took way too many 3's in the 1st half. Any time there was a break, our guys jacked-up a 3 instead of driving it to the hoop. We took what 27 shots in the 1st half and 15 of them were from 3. That's how less talented mid-majors play.

they were wide open. if tech doesn't want to defend that shot, ou has to take it. just look at ut to see how bad an offense looks if defenses don't have to worry about defending the 3 pt line.

If we'd quit jacking them up on the break, and from 5 feet behind the line with 28 seconds left on the shot clock, we'd shoot them better ourselves.

And as a side note, this team doesn't have any great shooters, other than TMG so far this year.

Last edited:
If we'd quit jacking them up on the break.

usually the best time to take a 3. shooter = open, momentum going forward. and, the defenders = not blocking out, o rebounders = moving toward basket and facing the rim (able to track the ball).

usually the best time to take a 3. shooter = open, momentum going forward. and, the defenders = not blocking out, o rebounders = moving toward basket and facing the rim (able to track the ball).

There are certain 3's on the break I don't mind, taken by certain players. But Cade took one in the corner, not squared up, and with no real rebounding advantage last night. He did the same thing against UT, but he made that one. He didn't make the one last night. We can get that shot anytime. If you are going to take it, at least get squared up so it has a decent shot of going in. Also wasn't a big fan of TMG taking the 4 on 1 (we had four offensive players) 3. He missed, and I think we didn't get the rebound. Take the two points and go play D.

I have no problem with TMG taking any shot he wants, but there were a couple of times when Tony and Cade were either fading away, moving, or not ready to shoot early in the clock when it was just a bad shot.

There are certain 3's on the break I don't mind, taken by certain players. But Cade took one in the corner, not squared up, and with no real rebounding advantage last night. He did the same thing against UT, but he made that one. He didn't make the one last night. We can get that shot anytime. If you are going to take it, at least get squared up so it has a decent shot of going in. Also wasn't a big fan of TMG taking the 4 on 1 (we had four offensive players) 3. He missed, and I think we didn't get the rebound. Take the two points and go play D.

yeah, good points. there are good 3s and bad 3s out of a break, just like out of a half-court set.

Although I am not usually a fan of early three point shots, they still beat the heck out of heaving up something with the shot clock running out.

Didn't like the three Crocker took with about two minutes left, defender was flying by as he received the kick-out.

Capel should have a rule, if the team misses three 3's in a row the next shot (4th) has to be a 2 or that player get benched for 3 min. That's my biggest complaint, they will shot and miss four or five 3's in a row.

but I suppose they didnt get the usual out of Mike Singletary
Perhaps it is because they didn't let him get away with his 2 "go-to" moves. 1 being the forearm shiver, the other being the wild and incomprehensible lowering of the shoulder and just running over people. What clown he was acting indignant after they called him on it the 6th time he did it.

And what was Reese doing? He would just karate chop everybody he was guarding, even guys he wasn't guarding. One time they were just dribbling up the floor and he literally put his headband on and karate chopped 2 guys down the floor.

Last edited:
Capel should have a rule, if the team misses three 3's in a row the next shot (4th) has to be a 2 or that player get benched for 3 min. That's my biggest complaint, they will shot and miss four or five 3's in a row.
I remember in middle school, our first game of the year, our coach made us pass the ball 4 times before we shot. We lost by 20, dropped the clown rule, and went 20-1.

In your scenario, what if the 4th guy was wide open and his name was Tommie?

Last edited:
I remember in middle school, our first game of the year, our coach made us pass the ball 4 times before we shot. We lost by 20, dropped the clown rule, and went 20-1.

I was thinking the exact same thing...that is something teachers who happen to coach middle school basketball do.

ou shot some difficult 3s in the 2nd, but most of the 3s were good shots. sometimes they just don't go in.

They were generally open shots but early in the clock and often with no legitimate possibility to get an offensive rebound.

We just have a bunch of guys that love to pull. There is nothing Tony, Cade, Willie, TMG, Pledg love to do more than pull. They think about pulling in their sleep.

Back