What seed do you see us being in march madness

luckyc1423

Reaction score
I am thinking like a 6 seed maybe a little lower...what do you think?

Typically take the top three possibly four in the conference right?

I am pretty confident we will get in...but unsure of our seeding and in the tournament seeding is very important

Big XII will get at least 7 this year, too strong of a conference.

So camp,

Are you thinking around a 6-8 seed?

Really depends on where we finish in conference, going to be a wild ride. I really don't see us higher than an 7 (right now) with my expectations of how we perform in conference. I really do believe that there is going to be a dog fight for the 4-8 spots in the conference standings, so much of that will be a wash...the selection committee will then magnify those four teams non-conference perfromances for seeding. We cannot drop anymore non-conference games save Gonzaga.

Really depends on where we finish in conference, going to be a wild ride. I really don't see us higher than an 7 (right now) with my expectations of how we perform in conference. I really do believe that there is going to be a dog fight for the 4-8 spots in the conference standings, so much of that will be a wash...the selection committee will then magnify those four teams non-conference perfromances for seeding. We cannot drop anymore non-conference games save Gonzaga.

So your saying we may not even make it in??

Are you guys concerend at all about where your RPI is right now?

We have almost completed non-conference play and your RPI is 134.

Obviously, that Gonzaga game will loom large, in terms of a potential RPI boost, but I would not want to enter Big 12 conference play with an RPI above 100.

Big XII will get at least 7 this year, too strong of a conference.

There we go. That is what Big XII fans, coaches, players, officials, etc need to say all year. In this country the squeaky wheel gets the grease as opposed to the protruding nail getting the hammer (that is eastern philosophy if you have never heard it).

Obviously, that Gonzaga game will loom large, in terms of a potential RPI boost, but I would not want to enter Big 12 conference play with an RPI above 100.

Why? If you win in conference it takes care of itself. If you don't win in conference the RPI might be right.

While its not the ideal situation, not really this year, Jeff. The Big 12 is going to be good enough to overcome it. Plus, I think some of OU's opponents will end up doing better than their record shows which will help the SOS.

As for the seed, I am going to say a #7 when it is all said and done.

No, I'm not concerned at all. There are almost three full months of college basketball to be played before Selection Sunday. I think we'll be around 60-75 a month from now and 40-50 two months from now. Those are certainly obtainable goals. I expect OU's RPI to be in the 20s or low 30s by Selection Sunday.

While I'm well-aware OU won't be the only team to get better as the season progresses, there aren't too many programs with 3 McDonald's All-Americans whose RPI is over 100. That means OU's ceiling is a lot higher than some of these other teams.

I'm predicting a #6 seed.

Our RPI is 95 with three games against teams with good RPIs on the horizon. We'll be fine with the strength of the Big 12.

I'm going to go on record at this point and say we won't make it.

I hope I'm wrong.

I'm going to go on record at this point and say we won't make it.

I hope I'm wrong.

I just cant see that happenign baker....
I mean we start three mcdonalds all americans, I know two are freshman but still that is a stud lineup.
Our point guard is one of the better in the big twelve
Our two guard is the best in the big twelve and ranks nationally high
Our wing (Cade Davis) is a high energy guy, not the most talented but def a team player
Our 4 spot is an athleticly gifted defender and starting to become a good rebounder
and our center is really good also

We have one of the better shooters coming off the bench in steven pledger

I dont care what everyone thinks, if we cant make it to the tournament with a lineup like that that means two things to me....1) Willie has had a terrible year and is prob not as good as everyone thinks...or... 2) Capel did not do a good job at getting these guys ready

I dont think either of those will be the case and we will easily make the tournament...if we cant make it with 3 mcda's then we are in trouble for the next few years

Back