Wichita State vs Big 12

thebigabd

Reaction score
They are 8-1.

They lost 75-63 on the road against West Virginia. They couldn't handle the WVU frontcourt... Tshiebwe and Culver combined for 28 points and 27 rebounds and WVU beat them on the boards 48-31, including 17 offensive rebounds. The freshman for WVU had 19 points and 18 rebounds.

Against Oklahoma State, they destroyed the Cowboys in Stillwater... OSU didn't have their best player, but they won 80-61. They beat OSU on the glass by 11, had 10 steals, and were 11-26 from 3.

Both of their games against big 12 teams were on the road... Their game against OU on Saturday will be in Wichita but not on their home gym.

West Virginia was a neutral site game, in a tournament. Just to be a stickler. :) Saturday will be at Intrust, which is the downtown arena they play a game in each season. Will be two fairly evenly matched teams but with the crowd and the revenge factor from the last two seasons, we have our work cut out for us. Their crowd will be all over Reaves, they definitely haven't forgiven him for transferring.

West Virginia was a neutral site game, in a tournament. Just to be a stickler. :) Saturday will be at Intrust, which is the downtown arena they play a game in each season. Will be two fairly evenly matched teams but with the crowd and the revenge factor from the last two seasons, we have our work cut out for us. Their crowd will be all over Reaves, they definitely haven't forgiven him for transferring.

Hope that will motivate him.

I don't think the long breaks after our last two games are such a great idea. No matter how hard or well they may be practicing, going eight or nine days between games twice in a row seems like unwise scheduling.

I don't think the long breaks after our last two games are such a great idea. No matter how hard or well they may be practicing, going eight or nine days between games twice in a row seems like unwise scheduling.

This week is Finals week. They always have a full week off for Finals week.

Gonna be a tough game. We haven’t exactly been playing well the last few games.

Yeah, they really should have all of dead week off as well if we're truly going to call them "student-athletes." Crazy time for undergarduate students.

Thanks, that makes sense.

But they had more than a week off before the North Texas game, too. Wichita State has played three games since Nov. 26, owho has played four. We've played one.

Thanks, that makes sense.

But they had more than a week off before the North Texas game, too. Wichita State has played three games since Nov. 26, owho has played four. We've played one.

Yeah, playing twice in three weeks is not ideal. I think the timing of our Thanksgiving week tourney is what made it worse this year...when we play a tournament that ends later that week, we don't have two long breaks like we did this season.

Speaking of which, I've not seen us listed in any of next year's Thanksgiving tournament fields that have been released yet. Anyone have any inside info on that front? Was hoping for a nice, island destination so I could plan a vacation around Sooner basketball!

yeah, playing twice in three weeks is not ideal. I think the timing of our thanksgiving week tourney is what made it worse this year...when we play a tournament that ends later that week, we don't have two long breaks like we did this season.

Speaking of which, i've not seen us listed in any of next year's thanksgiving tournament fields that have been released yet. Anyone have any inside info on that front? Was hoping for a nice, island destination so i could plan a vacation around sooner basketball!

1A0AB954-A846-4E13-B335-D32436ACFDE8.jpg

Ps that’s a Christmas tourney.

I think that's why it never has as good a field as Maui or Atlantis ... most teams prefer Thanksgiving tournaments. But there are four or five solid teams in the tweet you attached.

We have a few times. Capel led us to an 0-3, eighth place finish in 2010, including a loss to Chaminade lol. Feels like we are due for a return soon.

Yep. I remembered that one right after I typed. Painful!

Yep. I remembered that one right after I typed. Painful!

It was awful. I actually went that year and we managed to keep the first game against UK close, thanks mainly to Cade Davis. Then Virgina thumped us before the Chaminade debacle.

It was awful. I actually went that year and we managed to keep the first game against UK close, thanks mainly to Cade Davis. Then Virgina thumped us before the Chaminade debacle.

When Cade Davis is your best player, you are in trouble.

Back