'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

“I am looking for a fresh start,” Cryer said. “My time at Baylor has been a lot of ups and downs. I feel like it is time for me to move on personally and I am just looking for a great fit that will let me play both guard positions.”

and explore NBA ..

he has been the 2 guard all year at houston ..

it was all NIL
He has been more specific in saying that he wanted to go to Houston to improve defensively and show that he could be a good, man-to-man defender.

Frankly, I've been told Kellen isn't interested. Nor are any of the Houston guys. For reasons that have been hashed out over and over again.
There's no way this is true either. Assistants rarely turn down HC job offers, if any were offered they would immediately jump.

That said, i doubt any of them even get a phone call from OU

He has been more specific in saying that he wanted to go to Houston to improve defensively and show that he could be a good, man-to-man defender.
Because that is such a HUGE deal when it comes to getting to the NBA.

I think it would be a safe bet the NIL package had more to do with it than man-to-man defensive concepts and skills.

He could’ve been being nice to me.

I’m not a huge fan of the Kellen talk of the job opens.
I don't know how well you know him, but I doubt any of them would publicly say that they don't want the job. It's when they're talking behind the scenes that they talk about how OU needs to make a ton of changes to be competitive in this new world.

Because that is such a HUGE deal when it comes to getting to the NBA.

I think it would be a safe bet the NIL package had more to do with it than man-to-man defensive concepts and skills.
I'm guessing you don't watch much NBA basketball.

I don't know how well you know him, but I doubt any of them would publicly say that they don't want the job. It's when they're talking behind the scenes that they talk about how OU needs to make a ton of changes to be competitive in this new world.
I believe ya.

I have a hard time believing a sooner legacy turns this job down for his first time HC job.

Frankly, I've been told Kellen isn't interested. Nor are any of the Houston guys. For reasons that have been hashed out over and over again.

I don’t doubt that they have said something like that but I have little doubt they would take the job if offered.

It’s kinda like me telling my wife I would turn down Alexandra daddarrio if given the opportunity.

haha edited, to be fair, just wanted the quick shoutout there. I know I have different sn on each board, but dang if I just dont sound the same and start posting KP nerd crap.
It's all good. That name was an attempt to blend in on an OU discord maybe a year or two ago. I figured my "style" (lots of shitposts) would become recognizable, lol.

Clown world
Yep but I'd probably accept the deal as well.

Once I got the $10M check, lol. I'd want to have convos about actual NIL plans, etc, though.

Doty actually looks like he can coach...reading his resume. I mean, it's Houston Christian. Pretty much a non-existent program. Might bring them some needed "juice".

Back