'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

A flight from Norman to Chicago is scheduled for tomorrow.

I REALLY doubt it's Moser but eh, flight tracking szn.
Lol. If Moser was naive or dumb enough to take a flight from Max Westheimer to Chicago without thinking it would be noticed, that might explain some of the confusing or head-scratching substitution patterns or playing time decisions this season.

So much smoke here it’s hard to ignore or even believe he’ll stay at this point. But I always go back to Moser going to great pains saying he wasn’t going to talk to any schools while he was still in the NCAA Tournament and he probably missed out on some jobs because of it.

I know things changed with needing to get out early in portal recruiting. And even his recent comments about discussing jobs with Kelvin maybe make his past comments seem a bit trumped up. But it still sticks with me.

So much smoke here it’s hard to ignore or even believe he’ll stay at this point. But I always go back to Moser going to great pains saying he wasn’t going to talk to any schools while he was still in the NCAA Tournament and he probably missed out on some jobs because of it.

I know things changed with needing to get out early in portal recruiting. And even his recent comments about discussing jobs with Kelvin maybe make his past comments seem a bit trumped up. But it still sticks with me.
There are literally two anonymous Twitter handles saying this. There’s no smoke other than that.

The more I look into him, the more I want Bucky Ball:

"So what exactly is Bucky Ball?

It’s a full-court-pressing, breakneck-running, 3-point-shooting blur of activity. “Play fast, play defense and give it 100 percent or get the hell out,” says Bucky McMillan Sr., the coach’s father. “That’s Bucky Ball, and you can’t beat it.” (Bucky is a nickname that has stuck to both generations, even though their given names are Henry Ward McMillan, the II and III. Bucky works better for slogans, his father says.)

Samford ranks fifth nationally in both offensive pace and 3-point percentage, sixth in turnovers forced. The Bulldogs play 10 guys at least 13 minutes per game and nobody more than 25 minutes, as McMillan overwhelms opponents with fresh legs churning at maximum effort. Everybody on the roster can shoot it, too. Eleven players have made more than 10 3-pointers; seven are shooting better than 40 percent from deep."

“In one word, I would just say fun,” McMillan says of his system. “You want to find the most fun way to win, because recruits want to play this way and fans want to watch it.”

Bucky McMillan has built Samford into a mid-major power, without leaving home

From that list, Aldrich, Hester, Lutz, and Mudge could be eliminated IMO.

The list is close to my hot board, lol.

First call: Will Wade.

Make it happen @Joe C
I don't think Will Wade would be considered. One of the people Joe C. consults with closely for basketball is connected to Wade and knew he was the shady money guy WAY before he got in trouble at LSU.

Back