'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

NIL is way more important than an arena IMO.
I'm not saying I agree, but we can't bitch about that in basketball when our football program doesn't have NIL where they need it to be either.

OU can't print money. OU can't force the donors to give. I think it's a odd time for our program. Moving to the SEC will help. Getting further away from the Covid years, and hopefully continually improving oil prices will help.

Why isn't lack of NIL hurting our women's program? Just curious.

Probably because there’s less competition for NIL dollars in women’s basketball.

I’m not bitching about it. It just is what it is.

The arena situation isn’t good. But at least they’re redoing the locker rooms.

Most of the WBB team was here already before Jennie got here.

I won't pretend to know about WBB NIL, though. I've had exactly zero conversations about it. I'm sure it's not nearly identical to MBB outside of a couple of elite players. It was probably a good check, by WBB standards, for OU to land Sahara. Who the heck knows, lol.

Moser making a bad strategic move? Shocking? :)
YARN | You are so consistent. | Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2013 ...

Honestly though, that's what I originally thought. Moser leaked his interest in DePaul (and a couple of OU people bit on it) to get more from OU. Which is why I came out so strong in saying I don't think Moser is leaving. It doesn't add up. The wife excuse is a copout.

I actually hope Moser wins and OU commits more but I'm not holding my breath.

Honestly though, that's what I originally thought. Moser leaked his interest in DePaul (and a couple of OU people bit on it) to get more from OU. Which is why I came out so strong in saying I don't think Moser is leaving. It doesn't add up. The wife excuse is a copout.

OU needs a strong investment into both basketball teams and baseball too.

joe c and OU need to use every chip they have to make sure the norman council passes the arena ....

I'm not saying Moser is gone, and if he is, I'm not saying Kellen is at the top of the list, but the bad thing about that could be Houston making a run in the Tournament. All valuable time that could be spend recruiting/retaining/etc.

Wait, 24 hours ago this same site/report said that Moser to DePaul was a done deal.

Now, it was just a posturing move to OU and Joe C., and he wasn't really interested in the job?!?

This site's credibility goes downhill by the hour and tweet.

BTW, Bob P, who may not be the first to break news, but seems to be the most reliable media person in this market on OU Hoops news, had a report that would make a couple of members not happy on the Moser news to DePaul.

I know this account is pretty terrible but this is funny.

And may be true. The common thought is Bruce wants his son, Stephen (or Steven, don't care), to take over.

Back