'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

DePaul Blue Demons: The Blue Demons fired Tony Stubblefield in late January, but they're still going through the process to find a replacement. The most intriguing speculation centers around Oklahoma's Porter Moser, a native of the Chicago suburbs who spent a decade at Loyola Chicago. Talks aren't as advanced as social media would lead you to believe, but there's interest and DePaul has expressed it would be willing to pay Moser's buyout, which is around $6.5 million, sources told ESPN. Others who have been linked to the job in recent weeks include Arizona State's Bobby Hurley, Mark Byington and UAB's Andy Kennedy.

DePaul Blue Demons: The Blue Demons fired Tony Stubblefield in late January, but they're still going through the process to find a replacement. The most intriguing speculation centers around Oklahoma's Porter Moser, a native of the Chicago suburbs who spent a decade at Loyola Chicago. Talks aren't as advanced as social media would lead you to believe, but there's interest and DePaul has expressed it would be willing to pay Moser's buyout, which is around $6.5 million, sources told ESPN. Others who have been linked to the job in recent weeks include Arizona State's Bobby Hurley, Mark Byington and UAB's Andy Kennedy.

That's the first legitimate source I've heard with a take on this.

There have been rumors for at least a month, maybe longer.

I'm guessing they are further along in talks than anybody is going to admit to. At least in terms of interest and possibilities. Maybe they have hammered out a contract, or made final decisions, but they've done some talking.

That's the first legitimate source I've heard with a take on this.
Yep, I said yesterday on On3 that if guys like Borzello, Andy Katz, or Gary Parrish was reporting news, then I would take it seriously. The other reports or outlets are rumor mills that live, literally earn a living, solely based on hype and clicks.

And as it has been stated, all Borzello is reporting is an interest. As in an interest to listening more about the details.

The same thing anybody with a career, be it a coach, CPA, or someone in sales, does when headhunters call. Reporting it's anything more than "interest" seems mostly based on a rumor his wife is homesick about living on the North Shore, shopping the Magnificent Mile, and eating in Goldcoast.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but the basis for the hysteria is quite comical.

Yep, someone on the local beat would have had an idea if something was up.
Haha the local beat? The same local beat that didn't know our leading scorer was out last Tuesday till warmups? The same beat that is spending more time today tweeting about who to watch in spring football than talking about Moser or previewing the conference tourney? The same reporters that often don't even travel to road games? The OU basketball beat is a joke.

Haha the local beat? The same local beat that didn't know our leading scorer was out last Tuesday till warmups? The same beat that is spending more time today tweeting about who to watch in spring football than talking about Moser or previewing the conference tourney? The same reporters that often don't even travel to road games? The OU basketball beat is a joke.
True, but the beat is still plugged in with the athletic director's office. If demands were made, if the Depaul job was used to bluff, I think someone would know or have an inkling on it.

True, but the beat is still plugged in with the athletic director's office. If demands were made, if the Depaul job was used to bluff, I think someone would know or have an inkling on it.
I don't think so. I think given the timing and other factors, Moser is going to want to keep this hush-hush for as long as possible. Especially now that we're likely in the Dance. I still think it's a little bit of a situation where all parties are still trying to figure it out. Does OU want to retain Moser? Now that we made postseason, probably. But what if we hadn't? I still contend Joe C. woud have pushed Moser out at that point. So Moser would have needed a landing spot. Moser wants more out of OU. OU may not want to guarantee more at this point. It's kind of a delicate situation right now in that I don't know that any of the 3 parties have decided what they want to happen. But I absolutely don't think Moser, or Joe C., want the local media getting wind of any of it.

A complete joke. Non-existent.

This account, man

I'm still not sure how they can legitimately report that Porter to DePaul was a "done deal" and he would be the next coach at DePaul just today- 10 hours ago!!- and now report "he still wants to stay at OU".

Unless they've been lying through their teeth, I mean exaggerating, just to get clicks, views, and attention to increase their followers and income.

Back