'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

I don't think Will Wade would be considered. One of the people Joe C. consults with closely for basketball is connected to Wade and knew he was the shady money guy WAY before he got in trouble at LSU.
Maybe it’s time for Joe C to break bad

From that list, Aldrich, Hester, Lutz, and Mudge could be eliminated IMO.

The list is close to my hot board, lol.

First call: Will Wade.

Make it happen @Joe C
You can also take off Wade (past transgressions) and McDermott (just signed an extension).

I'm just happy the rest of the world sees Kellen as an option, even if our own fans don't want to. :)

I don't think Will Wade would be considered. One of the people Joe C. consults with closely for basketball is connected to Wade and knew he was the shady money guy WAY before he got in trouble at LSU.
Yeah, probably not likely. Sadly enough. But it SHOULD happen.

OU still has posters up talking about what's not acceptable. If you think compliance will accept Will Wade, you're not paying attention.
So does every workplace in the country.

But yeah, it ain’t happening.

I'm starting to be convinced it's time for Joe C. to move on. And I've been the biggest Joe C. fan.
I'm in the same boat.

Some will think I'm dumb or mad. I might be both, lol

But I think it's time and right now, I don't want him to make the next hire. I'm scared he'll actually hire Kellen. The thought pisses me off.

I'm beyond tired of the general apathy shown towards the MBB program.

I'm in the same boat.

Some will think I'm dumb or mad. I might be both, lol

But I think it's time and right now, I don't want him to make the next hire. I'm scared he'll actually hire Kellen. The thought pisses me off.

I'm beyond tired of general apathy shown towards the MBB program.
Kellen won't be interested. I'm 100% convinced of that.

I'm beyond tired of the general apathy shown towards the MBB program.
He literally hired the biggest coaching name that was available 3 years ago. PM was the name most folks wanted, and most news/media folks thought we should go after.

I get it, you all want a new arena. OU is working on it. Can't force the city of Norman to pay for it. Don't have the money to do it on campus ourselves. Heck, football renovations have stalled. Give it a little more time coming out of the Covid years, oil rebounding (politics matter), and the move to the SEC (hoping giving us more cash). Wouldn't hurt if the team/program could string together a couple of good seasons to re-energize the fan base either.

But this myth that Joe C. doesn't care about basketball, I don't get that. Capel was a risky hire, but had tremendous upside. Kruger is a HOF coach. Moser was the top coach on the market (name-wise, at least). Practice facilities are probably top 25% in the country if not better. NIL, can't blame Joe C. for that, even our football team is behind. But BV doesn't sit around bitching about it, he goes and recruits one of our all time great classes on paper even without good NIL. OU needs a bball coach that will do the same.

ConfTeamCoachKP Rank PriorKP Rank CurrentTimeTourneyPrev Asst?Yrs as Assistant
Big EastDePaulTony Stubblefield1413153 years011 yrs Oregon18
Big12Kansas StJerome Tang61672 years119 yrs Baylor19
Big12Oklahoma StateMike Boynton591077 years11 yr OSU12
Big12West VirginiaJosh Eilert191421 year01 yr WVU1 (15 Ops)
Big10NorthwesternChris Collins1324211 years3*13 yrs Duke15
Big10WisconsinGreg Gard2219 years7*14 yrs Wisky25
Big10Michigan StTom Izzo?1928 years27*12 yrs Mich St16
Big10IndianaMike Woodson50863 years2NBA25
Big10MinnesotaBen Johnson62753 years03 yrs Xavier15
Big10MichiganJuwan Howard61275 years36 yrs Heat6
SECVanderbiltJerry Stackhouse1551875 years0NBA2
ACCNorth CarolinaHubert Davis3483 years2*9 yrs UNC9
ACCDukeJon Scheyer872 years2*8 yrs Duke8
ACCSyracuseAdrian Autry118791 year012 yrs Syracuse17
ACCLouisvilleKenny Payne1271972 years02 yrs NBA18
Pac12ArizonaTommy Lloyd2963 years3*20 yrs Zags20