'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

UTRGV is going to fire Matt Figger, former Austin Peay HC.

I'm in the RGV. It had to happen...even though I'd argue the RGV job might be bottom 10-20 in CBB. It's a tough place to reside, recruit, etc. You're very isolated and there is very little talent down here.

My question is...why wait until after the portal opened? Maybe it's contractual, I haven't checked.

But but Swaim said he was coming to OSU. LOL.

His reporting is the best evidence that won't happen.
Somehow I deleted my comment. Tried to hit edit.

WVU fans think DeVries has an offer.

But Michigan does loom large. There's some DeVries talk there as well.

Oklahoma State isn't a better job than either, IMO.

I guess you can't rule out the Pokes though. It would be a decent fit.

Safe to say Dusty May ends up at Louisville or Michigan, right?
I would say the rumors on discord/twitter/elsewhere today point to...

May at Louisville. The thought right now is; it could be announced shortly after FAU loses (the next day or so).

Two names gaining the most traction at Michigan right now are; Darian DeVries and Amir Abdur-Rahim.

One would think with Providence that it would be Humphrey and not one of moser's incestuous hires imo
Hump will fail miserably as a HC.

I don't even think much of him as an assistant coach.

According to Trilly/discord, SMU is going to fire Rob Lanier.

Early targets:

Eric Mussleman
Will Wade
Jerome Tang

Sounds like they want to get serious about basketball with them moving conferences. We'll see, I guess.
Wow. Don’t follow them closely enough to know if this was warranted, but props to them for not waiting around if they thought he wasn’t the guy.

According to Trilly/discord, SMU is going to fire Rob Lanier.

Early targets:

Eric Mussleman
Will Wade
Jerome Tang

Sounds like they want to get serious about basketball with them moving conferences. We'll see, I guess.
They're moving to the ACC and are taking 0 media dollars in the first contract to do it. Their donors are going all in. They don't want to bring Carolina and Duke to town to beat their team by 30 on every trip.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Will Wade.

Back