'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

Rare win for Coaching Changes.

HCU, formerly Houston Baptist, desperately needs a new facility. Their current gym holds less than 1000 people. It's smaller than my class 4A high school gym from years ago in Oklahoma. I know nothing about the Emporia coach, but that $10 million toward a building speaks volumes to them.

Sounds like, if Ohio State wins tonight, they'll take away the interim take from Jake Diebler. Rodney Terry approves.

-----
-----
-----

i hope they win, then. ohio state is not as good of a job as ohio state thinks it is.

Think it's hard to get to or want to go to Norman on a weeknight? Try Stillwater, especially when the team is mediocre.

The Thunder has hurt the programs at both OU and OSU, without a doubt. People prefer the NBA product, especially when the team is good.

Berry Tramel writes about the difficulty of the OSU job today. He's an OSU basketball homer, as that was his first beat many years ago when he went to work for the Oklahoman. He's one of those guys that equates OSU basketball with OU football (It's not...it's not even equal to OU basketball). His point, though: only two coaches have ever been successful at OSU: Henry Iba and Eddie Sutton. Outside of those two coaches, they're very mediocre.

The myth of OSU basketball superiority has also hurt interest in OU basketball, at least among those in our fan base who don't play close attention. That blow to our attendance will also affect whenever OU has to make another coaching hire.

is there ANY example of that working

John Holcomb reported that Gottlieb has been told he's not a candidate. Big mistake by OSU.

If I was OSU, my top candidates would be.

Eric Henderson (South Dakota State)
Doug Gottlieb (OSU)
Mike Anderson (Missouri/Arkansas/UAB)
Niko Medved (Colorado State)

John Holcomb reported that Gottlieb has been told he's not a candidate. Big mistake by OSU.

Doug Gottlieb (OSU)
What is the reason that Gottlieb is not a candidate?

Doug Gottlieb (OSU)
Man, I really wish you were the osu AD and could make the next coaching hire. You’d be great at it. Hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

Doug Gottlieb (OSU)
You and your mike anderson.. ; )

Canisius is now open. They're firing Reggie Witherspoon. Too bad they can't afford Mike Boynton. May sound stupid but that would be a job he could maybe succeed at. Even with the buyout, I doubt Mike would take a job paying $250K.

IUPUI (will be just IUI or Indiana University Indianapolis) is probably going to hire a D2 coach from? University of Indianapolis. Paul Corsaro. The guy doesn't even need to house hunt...unless he just wants to, I guess.

Last edited:
Back