'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

Sounds like it'll be Muss at SMU (per Trilly). His sister, Nicole, resides in Dallas and graduated from SMU.

Plus, SMU gives him 1) similar/more money 2) less pressure 3) a fresh start

which means, obviously, a big opening happens....Arkansas.
Muss couldn't wait to get out of Arkansas. I know he wears out his welcome at places. He doesn't stay more than 5 years or so. The Hogs were probably ready for him to leave, too...I haven't kept up too closely. I don't know if he's the guy to take them into the ACC, but he may be the best they can find. I'm ready for that SMU vs Stanford game at the ACC Tournament in Greensboro. :D

That'll open up another cycle of coaching openings.

Muss couldn't wait to get out of Arkansas. I know he wears out his welcome at places. He doesn't stay more than 5 years or so. The Hogs were probably ready for him to leave, too...I haven't kept up too closely. I don't know if he's the guy to take them into the ACC, but he may be the best they can find. I'm ready for that SMU vs Stanford game at the ACC Tournament in Greensboro. :D

That'll open up another cycle of coaching openings.
You know, I can't fault Muss too much.

If you look at his dad, Bill, he had a similar career (jumped all over the place...both are basketball Ted Roofs). It was very likely a learned trait/tendency.

It definitely feels very mutual. Their fans are like the fire Moser crowd here, ready for something new. I don't blame them (the Arky fans). What a horrible season.

You know, I can't fault Muss too much.

If you look at his dad, Bill, he had a similar career (jumped all over the place...both are basketball Ted Roofs). It was very likely a learned trait/tendency.

It definitely feels very mutual. Their fans are like the fire Moser crowd here, ready for something new. I don't blame them (the Arky fans). What a horrible season.
True. And they have a national championship in their history, while we have a near-miss. On top of that, their football program hasn't done much in 30 years in the SEC. They're starving.

For the mid-major level, this is a fantastic hire on the surface.

Fun fact: William & Mary has never been in the NCAA tourney. I suppose that fact is fun for W&M supporters, lol.

Last edited:
Back