'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

They should do that. Roll the dice. What's the worst that could happen?
Honestly it's their best option to at least be able to get more money into that basketball program. If he can get the NIL stuff set up to a point it won't matter if it's a success on the court.

There's an unemployed coach with very strong ties to the area with about 450 wins who has been the Big East, Big 12, and CUSA coach of the year just sitting there and OSU is talking about hiring Doug Gottlieb.

Just hire Mike Anderson... You'll be in the NCAA Tournament next season.

I know some don't like him, or the idea, but OSU's best choice is Wade.

Wade is loaded. He has his own NIL. That would be huge for a program who struggled at the bottom of the B12 budget list.

:)

I know some don't like him, or the idea, but OSU's best choice is Wade.

Wade is loaded. He has his own NIL. That would be huge for a program who struggled at the bottom of the B12 budget list.

:)
They want Doug, so they can have Doug 😉

Well, I'm okay seeing Oklahoma State down than up in basketball so they can hire Doug for all I care.
Oh I don’t care at all if they make a bad decision. But from their perspective, hiring someone just because of name recognition absolutely has massive potential downside.

Some minor dominoes that could fall due to DeVries/WVU...

Mark Byington (JMU), long thought to be in the lead for WVU, goes where now?

Most have been predicting Ben McCollum (D2 NW MO ST) to Missouri State but there is a lot of talk that Drake intrigues him. He's from Iowa. Better fit.

Who does MO State turn to if McCollum is now off the table? Steve Alford (Nevada) has been mentioned. That doesn't seem likely at all. The most prominent name right now seems be Tom Crean, weirdly enough.

And obviously, Oklahoma State offered DeVries as well. I don't know if he was target #1 but it seems like he chose WVU over the Pokes.

Last edited:

Most have been predicting Ben McCollum (D2 NW MO ST) to Missouri State but there is a lot of talk that Drake intrigues him. He's from Iowa. Better fit.

Who does MO State turn to if McCollum is now off the table? Steve Alford (Nevada) has been mentioned. That doesn't seem likely at all. The most prominent name right now seems be Tom Crean, weirdly enough.

And obviously, Oklahoma State offered DeVries as well. I don't know if he was target #1 but it seems like he chose WVU over the Pokes.
Steve Alford started his head coaching career in Springfield a long time ago when it was called Southwest Missouri State. I guess they'd have him back.

Anything that hurts OSU is awesome

There's an unemployed coach with very strong ties to the area with about 450 wins who has been the Big East, Big 12, and CUSA coach of the year just sitting there and OSU is talking about hiring Doug Gottlieb.

Just hire Mike Anderson... You'll be in the NCAA Tournament next season.
I would like to see this just so you’d shut up about it when it becomes a complete failure.

I’m sure they would, but why would he be interested in a big step down?
Good question, because he just took Nevada to the tournament and Mo St isn't going to pay more than Nevada. It gets him back to the Midwest, but that's the only advantage I can see.

Back