'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

If that’s their “guy” I can’t imagine it going over well with the fans or alumni. That seems like a big disappointment for Louisville.
Yes. Louisville is a hard job because it's more like the Kentucky job than anyone would like to admit. They see themselves as Kentucky's peer. Incredibly high expectations.

Apparently, according to Trilly/rumors....

Saint Louis and Louisville are fighting for Josh Schertz (Indiana St).

SLU - $2M per year
LVille - $3.5M per year

but Schertz supposedly already signed the SLU contract and now lawyers are trying to get out of it.

IMO, that's too much for Schertz...but hey, whatever.

if i were arkansas i would just hire wade
I mean, I agree with that. In my eyes, I'm not sold on Arkansas being a better basketball job because I've been told the collective groups are frustrated by the NIL process.

Just seems weird unless his seat was getting hot. He's recruited well out there. Doesn't have any ties to this part of the country (didn't to USC either). Yikes, didn't realize he had been at USC 11 seasons. That's crazy. I'd have guessed 5-6 years ago, lol.

Just seems weird unless his seat was getting hot. He's recruited well out there. Doesn't have any ties to this part of the country (didn't to USC either). Yikes, didn't realize he had been at USC 11 seasons. That's crazy. I'd have guessed 5-6 years ago, lol.
Yep, been there since like 2013 after FGCU made that magical run. I've got a close buddy who lives in Manhattan Beach, is a USC alum, and is connected to some areas of the USC athletic department. I'm talking with him tomorrow and I'll see if I can find out any scoop.

Maybe they've grown tired of high recruiting rankings with little post-season results to show for it? No conference titles, no Pac12 Tourney Champs, and only one time out of the first weekend, making the Sweet 16 in 2021. A lot of 4/5 stars and not much to show for it. Or maybe the change in admin doesn't fit for him and he wants to bolt.

Sounds like he wasn't great at developing his talent to fit his team and had little to no NCAA success. Should have been fired after year 3 or 4. Lol.

Yep, been there since like 2013 after FGCU made that magical run. I've got a close buddy who lives in Manhattan Beach, is a USC alum, and is connected to some areas of the USC athletic department. I'm talking with him tomorrow and I'll see if I can find out any scoop.

Maybe they've grown tired of high recruiting rankings with little post-season results to show for it? No conference titles, no Pac12 Tourney Champs, and only one time out of the first weekend, making the Sweet 16 in 2021. A lot of 4/5 stars and not much to show for it. Or maybe the change in admin doesn't fit for him and he wants to bolt.

Sounds like he wasn't great at developing his talent to fit his team and had little to no NCAA success. Should have been fired after year 3 or 4. Lol.
I would much rather live in highland park and "commute 5 min to work" then in LA and commute 45 to usc .. maybe he would too at this point ..

Back