'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

The rumor I saw was Bryce.
Ok. Figured you meant Scott because a Louisville "insider" posted about him on 247.

For those without access...

Hearing it is likely Scott Drew's job to turn down and from what I have been told he likely will accept when offered

Ok. Figured you meant Scott because a Louisville "insider" posted about him on 247.

For those without access...

Hearing it is likely Scott Drew's job to turn down and from what I have been told he likely will accept when offered
I saw something on X last night, but after a quick search this morning, I don't see it. They may have said Bryce when they meant Scott, and since deleted the post.

I can't imagine Scott leaving Baylor and what he's built for Louisville. I also thought it weird that Louisville wouldn't have went after a bigger name than Bryce.

A quick nugget on the OSU basketball coaching search (though if the Buckeyes keep playing the way they have lately maybe the search won't be needed):

One name that has come up is FAU coach Dusty May, and he is the guy LeBron James is pushing for. Word is that if OSU does end up hiring May, LeBron's youngest son, Bryce, is almost assured of attending Ohio State. Additionally, James would help out the basketball program with a large monetary donation, in the millions.

Trilly:

I have reason to believe something happened today with Porter and DePaul. I would now consider him the favorite to land the job.

Did DePaul decide they are willing to drop $10million+ to get Moser? Idk what else could have possibly changed

Did DePaul decide they are willing to drop $10million+ to get Moser? Idk what else could have possibly changed
Has to be

or his wealthy wife (family) decided to pay some of it.

Trilly:

I have reason to believe something happened today with Porter and DePaul. I would now consider him the favorite to land the job.
I would guess cause none else wanted it and he’s desperate to get out. Honestly, going to be a better fit.

It just sucks cause the focus should be on beating Cincinnati. But I guess that’s not a priority. I’m afraid he’s gonna leave the OU program way worse than he inherited it.

I would guess cause none else wanted it and he’s desperate to get out. Honestly, going to be a better fit.

It just sucks cause the focus should be on beating Cincinnati. But I guess that’s not a priority. I’m afraid he’s gonna leave the OU program way worse than he inherited it.
He’ll definitely leave it worse than he inherited it if he leaves after this season. But, I’d rather he leave after this season than come back and have another inconsistent/disappointing year in which he is constantly rumored to be considering other jobs. At least this would allow us to cut our losses and get the buyout money.

Trilly:

The people I talk to here in Chicago have contacts and Loyola and DePaul, including Porter himself and the Brunos (DePaul's womens basketball coach). Every single person I've talked to said they'd be shocked if there were any truth to Porter and DePaul.

He’ll definitely leave it worse than he inherited it if he leaves after this season. But, I’d rather he leave after this season than come back and have another inconsistent/disappointing year in which he is constantly rumored to be considering other jobs. At least this would allow us to cut our losses and get the buyout money.
Without an arena and support, who are we going to get here that won't be looking at jobs every year? Kelvin was. Capel couldn't wait to get out.

Without an arena and support, who are we going to get here that won't be looking at jobs every year? Kelvin was. Capel couldn't wait to get out.
Regardless of what some of you think of our program, there aren't a bunch that are much better jobs. There just aren't.

Joe C just needs to do a better job of finding a good fit. I don't care what Moser gives as a reason, culturally, that was never a good fit.

Regardless of what some of you think of our program, there aren't a bunch that are much better jobs. There just aren't.

Joe C just needs to do a better job of finding a good fit. I don't care what Moser gives as a reason, culturally, that was never a good fit.
Why? What culturally wasn't a good fit?

Back