Big 12 Classic on ESPNU

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
2009 OU-Nebraska on ESPNU right now. The Griffin boys, Willie Warren, Austin Johnson, Tony Crocker. OU is ranked #5 nationally.

2009 OU-Nebraska on ESPNU right now. The Griffin boys, Willie Warren, Austin Johnson, Tony Crocker. OU is ranked #5 nationally.

Super random, did Blake do something awesome in that game? IIRC, Nebraska was always terrible in the Big XII, don't think they ever made the tourney while they were in the Big XII.

Super random, did Blake do something awesome in that game? IIRC, Nebraska was always terrible in the Big XII, don't think they ever made the tourney while they were in the Big XII.

Nebraska proved you can’t take an unranked, inferior team for granted, even on your own court.

The Huskers led or kept the game close until the final five to six minutes. But, in the end, Blake and a terrific supporting cast were too much for Nebraska. They had no answer for the future National Player of the Year. Blake finished with 27 points, 17 rebounds, a couple of steals and 3 blocks. Definitely a display of awesomeness he was known for then, and now.

does seem like a strange pick of games. Nebraska is i think still one of few major conference schools to never have won an NCAA game. i think when Northwestern won a first round game year before last that left NU and maybe one other school. that said, Danny Nee had some decent teams. and a lot of average to mediocre ones.

fun season...was that the juan patillo year? i think so.

Last edited:
does seem like a strange pick of games. Nebraska is i think still one of few major conference schools to never have won an NCAA game. i think when Northwestern won a first round game year before last that left NU and maybe one other school. that said, Danny Nee had some decent teams. and a lot of average to mediocre ones. ...

That is amazing. I remember some really tough Nebraska teams back in the Big-8 days when Joe Cipriano was their coach. But it appears you are correct as the Huskers have never won a NCAA tournament game.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=4252

Wow.

Back