*****Oklahoma-Nicholls State Game Thread*****

It takes a while as a FR to learn the ropes and adjust to the new level of speed and athleticism. I played college ball (NOT DI ball) and it was a tough adjustment the first part of the year.......I played NAIA ball so I can imagine how much tougher it is to adjust to top level DI athletes.

Cade and Pledger really stepped up on defense today. Tony still needs to get better. TMG needs to get much better.

I will have a Capel post game interview up in five minutes....start your stopwatches...

How severely is the question...

He has the strength to not get bullied, but he needs to keep his hands up and not overpursue.

He has the strength but it's his height that I am worried about, guards can just shoot over him even if he puts his hands up. I have never been a fan of small point guards for that exact reason, I hope TMG can prove me wrong but I just don't see it from him.

How severely is the question...

He has the strength to not get bullied, but he needs to keep his hands up and not overpursue.

BigTime....I have been harping on my kids (I coach HS ball) about keeping their hands up and getting them in the shooters face........it gets frustrating telling them over and over sometimes. We are getting better at it though. Nothing more frustrating than to have a kid in position but with their hands down.

From listening to it; the 2nd half sounded like our best half of the season. Feels great to get a win. :woot

Outrebounded them in the second half and cut down the turnovers while improving the assist line.

BigTime....I have been harping on my kids (I coach HS ball) about keeping their hands up and getting them in the shooters face........it gets frustrating telling them over and over sometimes. We are getting better at it though. Nothing more frustrating than to have a kid in position but with their hands down.

I agree. Living in Houston I'm constantly amazed watching the Houston Rockets and Shane Battier. He's the best I've ever seen and putting a hand in the face on almost every shot. He really frustrates Kobe. It's fun to watch players do the little things that don't show up in the box score but helps their team win.

From listening to it; the 2nd half sounded like our best half of the season. Feels great to get a win. :woot

Yes it does! That second half was fun to watch after a slow first half. Doubters need to be patient, this team has talent.

Back