OU @ ISU 7pm CST ESPN2

We must have been watching a different Texas game, b/c I sure didn't see him "dominate the game." He played well, and obviously had the game-saving block, but to say he dominated the game scoring 2 points and having 8 assists is silly.

Listen, obviously he's going to be better than Calixte in the long run, but my point is if he's not going to shoot the ball, I don't see him helping us over a guy who isn't afraid to take a shot. Yes, he took a couple of very bad ones tonight, but he at least showed a willingness to be taken seriously on offense.

Do you remember a guy named Ricky Grace. Rarely sot the ball and just ran the show. Yes he had offensive weapons around him but to say if you don’t shoot you are worthless is a Poor observation in my opinion.

Do you remember a guy named Ricky Grace. Rarely sot the ball and just ran the show. Yes he had offensive weapons around him but to say if you don’t shoot you are worthless is a Poor observation in my opinion.

But i think on a team as bad as this.. it can be killer

NY, you must have not watched much OU BB this year. Calixte is Awful and makes consistently terrible plays. Did you just watch the last 7 minutes when 2 times we got close to double digits and both times he dribbled to the 3 point line and jacked up terrible shots without even passing the ball. He should be playing somewhere like Stetson. NOT a Big-12 caliber guard by far!!

LOL, you caught me! I also saw the first half though, when Calixte, subbing for a non-shooting, foul-troubled Bienamy, made two 3's to keep us hanging around.

As I've said, by no means do I think Calixte is any good, but for the next four games, which our season rests on, we could use some offense, and when one guy refuses to shoot or doing anything remotely close to create his own shot, maybe the other guy who isn't afraid to at least make some plays on offense isn't a terrible alternative.

We have four DYNAMITE scorers on that team, it's night and day different when viewed in light of this team, where we have two decent ones.

I guess some people enjoy a point guard that hogs the ball, jacks up crazy shots, and turns the ball over at a high rate. Must be the new style of basketball I've been hearing about.

He's not good.... And I saw Bandoo for Baylor had 22 the other night. Gigantic recruiting mistake passing on 2 years of Bandoo for one year of Reynolds.

Bandoo had 19 against OU when Baylor beat is in Waco. Gigantic mistake is right!

Play Muni way more moving forward, Odomes less, Reynolds less. Calixte is selfish, but he legit is the only other ball handler on this team! Bandoo would be starting for us right now!

Who else is tired of the iso ball? Doo and James dribbling around go one on one and forcing awful shots and getting swatted into the stands. Lon Kruger’s time has come and gone. He is a terrible game planner and makes zero adjustments during the game. Only thing worse than our man offense is well our Zone offense!!! Lmfao

I guess some people enjoy a point guard that hogs the ball, jacks up crazy shots, and turns the ball over at a high rate. Must be the new style of basketball I've been hearing about.

This, that is Calixte personified. Bienemy knows his roll is not to shoot. He has made a couple of huge shots in games this year when needed. Our shooters are not hi an he knows it which is good. I’ve watched Reynolds and Calixte over and over and over this year jack up shots thinking they were in their previous leagues. They don’t seem to get it that they are NOT the 1st or 2nd option and rarely the 3rd. That is a bad sign.

Who else is tired of the iso ball? Doo and James dribbling around go one on one and forcing awful shots and getting swatted into the stands. Lon Kruger’s time has come and gone. He is a terrible game planner and makes zero adjustments during the game. Only thing worse than our man offense is well our Zone offense!!! Lmfao

What would you prefer? Half the team cant dribble or hit FTs or make layups or even looks to shoot from 3

Well...maybe we'll play spoiler and beat ku...rather see ksu win it..

This, that is Calixte personified. Bienemy knows his roll is not to shoot. He has made a couple of huge shots in games this year when needed. Our shooters are not hi an he knows it which is good. I’ve watched Reynolds and Calixte over and over and over this year jack up shots thinking they were in their previous leagues. They don’t seem to get it that they are NOT the 1st or 2nd option and rarely the 3rd. That is a bad sign.
I literally laughed when Reynolds slipped and fell turning the ball over...sad i did..

This team is in disarray. We don't move at all on offense very well...give the iso too many times.

Last edited:

Yeah it is truly mind blowing that anyone could legitimately think Calixte is a better ball handler or better at running the point than Bieniemy. Anyone who thinks that either doesn't watch the games or just has a preconceived opinion and won't let reality get in the way.

He's not good.... And I saw Bandoo for Baylor had 22 the other night. Gigantic recruiting mistake passing on 2 years of Bandoo for one year of Reynolds.

This narrative has to stop unless you're willing to also state which of our excellent incoming freshmen you're willing to sacrifice for 1 year of your beloved Bandoo.

What would you prefer? Half the team cant dribble or hit FTs or make layups or even looks to shoot from 3

I thought he was on the verge of making a pretty good point -- we do stand around far too much on offense -- but essentially destroyed it with the ridiculousness of the last 75% of his comment.

Down 1 at half we start off with an awful 3 by James and then we follow it up with a terrible three point attempt by Odomes. Yes I said Odomes! What is he doing shooting outside the paint in a close game? Game was over after the first two possessions of the second half! That is all coaching. Kruger needs to go! His son needs to disappear as well. In fact all the assistant coaches should hit the road. Ro is a shell of the player he was when he got here. Jamuni has been here 5 years and never developed. Heck neither one can make a free throw. In fact name me someone who has gotten better the last few seasons?

Yeah it is truly mind blowing that anyone could legitimately think Calixte is a better ball handler or better at running the point than Bieniemy. Anyone who thinks that either doesn't watch the games or just has a preconceived opinion and won't let reality get in the way.

Calixte can shoot and occasionally attack the basket fairly well but he doesn't run the offense or take care of the ball. He needs to be playing off the ball with Bieniemy as much as possible. That became difficult when Bieniemy got into foul trouble before anyone broke a sweat tonight.

I'm by no means saying he's better at running the point or is a better ball handler, my god no, I never said that, but I doubt anyone realize he averages just one more TO a game than Bienamy, while averaging about 5 less minutes, so it's not like we're talking about a huge discrepancy here. He also shoots 35% from 3. My overall point is, on a team that can't score, Calixte has shown he can hit some shots and isn't afraid to take some, while Bienamy has shown he refuses to even take any and barely even needs to be guarded 15+ feet from the basket. PLUS, his solid passing/running the point is nullified even more b/c a) we can't shoot, and b) we run iso about 70% of the damn time anyway, so it's not like we're running and gunning and he's dropping dimes and running the show.

I'm simply throwing something at the wall here, to see if it sticks, for a team that can't find scorers yet is trotting out 1/5 of their starting lineup that won't even shoot, let alone score or penetrate and get to the FT line. And everyone acts like I'm some complete idiot for even suggesting it and doesn't watch every second of every game. Calixte scored 8 points tonight and didn't have a TO until the last 57 secs of the game. Yeah, he took two TERRIBLE shots amid the ISU scoring frenzy that won the game, but that's all anoyone wants to mention. He also made two 3's in the first half to keep us hanging around. Bienamy, as we have talked about a ton tonight, didn't even attempt a shot, and, until the closing minute, didn't even threaten to take a shot. I thought it was fitting that, near the end of the game, he got all the way to the hoop, then decided not to shoot and dribble back out. What good is that doing us?

Last edited:
This narrative has to stop unless you're willing to also state which of our excellent incoming freshmen you're willing to sacrifice for 1 year of your beloved Bandoo.

I hate how people assume OU can get anyone they want. Maybe Bandoo said he wasn’t interested or he had red flags (which is very likely since he’s at BU).

Down 1 at half we start off with an awful 3 by James and then we follow it up with a terrible three point attempt by Odomes. Yes I said Odomes! What is he doing shooting outside the paint in a close game? Game was over after the first two possessions of the second half! That is all coaching. Kruger needs to go! His son needs to disappear as well. In fact all the assistant coaches should hit the road. Ro is a shell of the player he was when he got here. Jamuni has been here 5 years and never developed. Heck neither one can make a free throw. In fact name me someone who has gotten better the last few seasons?

Buddy Hield.

Now, to my ignore list.

Back