OU @ ISU 7pm CST ESPN2

We lose 6 seniors....but I'm hoping it's addition by subtraction. I've seen enough dumbassery this season to last a decade. Poor entry passes, forced drives/shots, not grabbing the ball with both hands, consistently out of position on the interior and perimeter......and the list goes on.

We are now 38 minutes into the game and our starting PG has yet to attempt a shot. Yes, he was in foul trouble in the first half, but if he's not going to at least be some small threat on offense, I just don't see the point of him playing starters minutes in four upcoming game we DESPERATELY need. Calixte takes some bad ones, but he makes a few too. It' a better trade off.

Bieniemy is 100 times better than Calixte... you're crazy if you think Calixte needs to play more.

We are now 38 minutes into the game and our starting PG has yet to attempt a shot. Yes, he was in foul trouble in the first half, but if he's not going to at least be some small threat on offense, I just don't see the point of him playing starters minutes in four upcoming game we DESPERATELY need. Calixte takes some bad ones, but he makes a few too. It' a better trade off.

I seriously think the coaches have told him not to shoot

Bieniemy is 100 times better than Calixte... you're crazy if you think Calixte needs to play more.

What is he actually better at? Not shooting? Calixte had 8 points and didn't turn the ball over until under a minute to play, on a play he should have gotten a foul on. It's a four-game season coming up. Give me Bienamy in the long run, but for the next four games I'm not so sure Calixte doesn't give us a better chance to win.

We lose 6 seniors....but I'm hoping it's addition by subtraction. I've seen enough dumbassery this season to last a decade. Poor entry passes, forced drives/shots, not grabbing the ball with both hands, consistently out of position on the interior and perimeter......and the list goes on.

Yep. We will just have to wait and see what we really have. But I am sick of watching this. And I really don’t blame players as much as coaches. So if new players don’t have the real talent needed I will be worried again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you watched the Texas game (which we won) you saw Bieniemy completely dominate the game. He doesn't turn the ball over, he is an outstanding passer and he is better on defense. Calixte is awful.

What is he actually better at? Not shooting? Calixte had 8 points and didn't turn the ball over until under a minute to play, on a play he should have gotten a foul on. It's a four-game season coming up. Give me Bienamy in the long run, but for the next four games I'm not so sure Calixte doesn't give us a better chance to win.

JB doesnt shoot...its like he's been told not to. Weird. Im guessing he'd have a better avg if he did.

Calixte took 2 hoorible 3's in the 13/0 run by isu.

Good analysis. I agree. But could also be fixed by simply demanding JB shoot maybe instead. No way to be a distributor on a team with no talent..

NY, you must have not watched much OU BB this year. Calixte is Awful and makes consistently terrible plays. Did you just watch the last 7 minutes when 2 times we got close to double digits and both times he dribbled to the 3 point line and jacked up terrible shots without even passing the ball. He should be playing somewhere like Stetson. NOT a Big-12 caliber guard by far!!

I totally agree Sooner81, Calixte kills us on both ends of the floor. Add Reynolds and Freeman to the mix and it's a built-in scoring run for the other team.

If you watched the Texas game (which we won) you saw Bieniemy completely dominate the game. He doesn't turn the ball over, he is an outstanding passer and he is better on defense. Calixte is awful.

We must have been watching a different Texas game, b/c I sure didn't see him "dominate the game." He played well, and obviously had the game-saving block, but to say he dominated the game scoring 2 points and having 8 assists is silly.

Listen, obviously he's going to be better than Calixte in the long run, but my point is if he's not going to shoot the ball, I don't see him helping us over a guy who isn't afraid to take a shot. Yes, he took a couple of very bad ones tonight, but he at least showed a willingness to be taken seriously on offense.

What happened to Reynolds? His drop off from OOC to conference play is the biggest on the team. He cannot even hit FTs at a competent clip.

He's not good.... And I saw Bandoo for Baylor had 22 the other night. Gigantic recruiting mistake passing on 2 years of Bandoo for one year of Reynolds.

Back