OU @ KU 8pm CST on ESPN2

I predicted, when up by 10, we would have to hit a game winner at the buzzer. Sadly, I didn’t even get that right. You have to keep scoring and we never seem to be able to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the point of watching these games? We know for a certainty a few things are going to happen. We are going to play well enough to think we have a chance, we are going to be on the wrong side of the calls, and we are going to piss down our leg in the final minutes. Was there really ever any doubt?

OU was 2-17 from 3 and they had some good looks. Have to hit just a few more if you want to win @KU

Don't like the iso call for hill in clutch time. That's on the coach!

It feels like Lucy pulling the football away on Charlie Brown again here at the Phog. It draws you in, you get excited and then right when this time feels different, a total gut punch again.

Quick thoughts:

—Good plan tonight

—Great effort

—Overall best offense all year

But… it was a choke. Horrible closing sequence and I give them no gold stars for simply playing them close. We have played four conf games, all close, and we are 1-3. Not good enough.

Summed up my thoughts exactly. I realize we are playing good to great teams, but you have to close.

39 FTs.. lol wheres steverocks

I’m here. Whine all you want about officiating. We were up 10 with 5 to play and gave up a bunch of easy buckets and took horrible shots. It’s why we lose close games.

You can criticize OU’s play down the stretch. That’s fair. The fact is, ku doesn’t win this game without the refs intervening on their behalf. The refs always intervene on their behalf. 40 freaking FTs? 30 FTs in the second half? 13 minutes without a FG for ku?

It’s a ****ing joke. Once again, OU gets screwed at ku. Same old bull****. KU did NOT earn the win. They were handed the win, as is often the case at AFH. This sport has no integrity when this happens over and over again. Everyone knows it but we just have to take it. BS.

I’m here. Whine all you want about officiating. We were up 10 with 5 to play and gave up a bunch of easy buckets and took horrible shots. It’s why we lose close games.

You're right. 39 fts had nothing to do with it. Holding them to no real buckets for 13 mins, but yeah, it was 100% us. Give me a break

How do smug pos ku fans look at themselves in the mirror?

OU was 2-17 from 3 and they had some good looks. Have to hit just a few more if you want to win @KU

Nonsense. If we hit a few more of those 3’s, ku would’ve shot 60 FTs. They would’ve been given however many FTs necessary to win the game.

Going into the game… knew it would be close, knew we’d lose. Kansas is, far and away, the greatest program in the country at late game execution. They ooze confidence when the game is close at the end. And OU, to put it kindly, is not quite there. Even up 10, I knew they were about to flip that stupid terrible Jayhawk switch.

And yet…. Not mad at our guys at all. We defended BEAUTIFULLY and left it all out there. Yes we need to pull some of those close ones out, but the fkn phog is not the place where that starts. Still feels like we grew up tonight though.

39 free throw attempts is not nothing.

Please, if you live within driving distance of norman, I urge you to support these guys on Saturday. They deserve a game day environment.

Nonsense. If we hit a few more of those 3’s, ku would’ve shot 60 FTs. They would’ve been given however many FTs necessary to win the game.

You make a fair point. I'm convinced OU won't win there as long as Bill Self is there.

Great plan by Moser....Just not enough scoring down the stretch.

Everything was prime for the upset but such a tough place to win. Tonight's effort will win a ton of games in the Big 12.

OU needs to be better at guarding the foul line (insert joke here, lol).

It certainly felt like we get within a foot of them it was a foul and on our end their guys bookend us and we get nothing.

What is the point of watching these games? We know for a certainty a few things are going to happen. We are going to play well enough to think we have a chance, we are going to be on the wrong side of the calls, and we are going to piss down our leg in the final minutes. Was there really ever any doubt?

Just like in Lubbock

Back