OU @ KU 8pm CST on ESPN2

The fact is the collapse was due to two things.
1.We looked exhausted
2. Foul trouble. We gave up very easy baskets because of foul trouble

We scored a bunch during the game due to Uzan and Sheffield driving to the baskets. At the end we try to get Uzan driving to the basketball but was being guarded by Wilson. I don't know why Mosser did not set screen on Wilson to free Uzan up to drive to the basket. There were 3 or 4 times at the end, Uzan ended up passing to someone else and we end up missing shots or turn the ball over. we alway found a way to lose the game at the end even with the lead. We choked at Texas Tech but lucky to have the game go to overtime. Tech was not that good but against good big 12 team, you will pay. We need the ball in Uzan hand driving to the basket. If they put a good defender on him then do ball screen to allow him free to driving to the basket. Even they double team then kick out to the free guy to shoot. Uzan is good but coach need to help him.

Hill and los both got hammered on made shots with no calls

Yeah, you know mentally that has to take a toll on our guys. The Big 12 won't do anything about it, but it hurts the sport to be handing out mulligans to favored teams. Why even watch the games at Phog Allen?

Last edited:
We scored a bunch during the game due to Uzan and Sheffield driving to the baskets. At the end we try to get Uzan driving to the basketball but was being guarded by Wilson. I don't know why Mosser did not set screen on Wilson to free Uzan up to drive to the basket. There were 3 or 4 times at the end, Uzan ended up passing to someone else and we end up missing shots or turn the ball over. we alway found a way to lose the game at the end even with the lead. We choked at Texas Tech but lucky to have the game go to overtime. Tech was not that good but against good big 12 team, you will pay. We need the ball in Uzan hand driving to the basket. If they put a good defender on him then do ball screen to allow him free to driving to the basket. Even they double team then kick out to the free guy to shoot. Uzan is good but coach need to help him.

I like that idea, Uzan can finish well.

It certainly felt like we get within a foot of them it was a foul and on our end their guys bookend us and we get nothing.

Perfect example…

Uzan is being draped by dick on a drive.. thank God uzan made the acrobatic layup…

Next drive for ku… maybe Wilson drives…Sam guards him… just stays in front never bumps him.. Wilson shoots some wild ass attempt as he’s falling down.. no bucket but a foul on Sam.

During that 16 ft point run.

There are only 2 players on the team that have good ball handling skill and shifty enough to drive to the basket (Uzan and Bijan). Uzan would be my choice driving to the basket to close out the game at the end. Set ball screen for Sheffield to be open for Uzan to kick out. We have the horse to close out the game, just coach need to coach better

Perfect example…

Uzan is being draped by dick on a drive.. thank God uzan made the acrobatic layup…

Next drive for ku… maybe Wilson drives…Sam guards him… just stays in front never bumps him.. Wilson shoots some wild ass attempt as he’s falling down.. no bucket but a foul on Sam.

Draped by dick lol

Perfect example…

Yeah, I remember that. If these refs do anymore of our home games I'm going to go and light them up on their lack of integrity giving KU 30 FTs in 2nd half.

No we don't know to close out the game. Both team are tired, not just us. Why do Kansas able to drive to the basket to close out the game, but we can't. That is on the coach.

Pretty crazy that KU got 1.5 fouls every minute in the second halftime

Often we need to slide better and stop reaching, but this was not the game. We played well defensively outside of those late layups, and Kansas was bailed out constantly by jumping into the chest of a defender that was positioned well. We still should have won and the shot selection late was abysmal, but this game deserves the complaints about the refs. I will not miss the Phog when we leave the conference. I feel like the homecourt advantage they receive is one of the most pronounced I can think of in any sport.

It’s always easy to complain about officiating, especially In Lawrence. But Moser’s offensive plan in the last few minutes of games is laughable. We scored 40 points in the first 15 minutes of the second half by playing aggressively, but when we were up 10, I turned to my KU friend and told her they would win because we would spend the rest of the game trying to run out the clock and isolate one guy late in the clock. And for about the hundredth game in a row, Grant barely touched the ball down the stretch. I wish we could remove Moser from the sideline at the five minute mark and replace him with a coach who goes for the jugular. A team that is good enough to win in Lawrence will miss the tournament because of end game failures.

i'm sure porter will make or miss shots or turn it over

He’s the one who decided, as usual, to play not lose down the stretch rather than stay aggressive. He’s also the one who should make sure his best player, who was having a fantastic game and was on fire in the second half, has the ball in his hands down the stretch.

It was very frustrating that we did such a good job taking away the roll man all night, but Tanner left Adams for the dunk that started the run after we went up 10. Then the next possession, we give up two offensive rebounds. How many games do we have to lose that way before it gets addressed?

I'm not shocked! This is who they've been all year. I really wish this team would win every game and I hate being negative. But, this team needs better players.

30 free throws in the second half is absolutely ridiculous. That definitely has the ability to change the game. Sounds like Moser had a good game plan and the team played hard. Other than the last five minutes can't complain. On to the West Virginia. They're definitely beatable.

Grant did receive the ball on multiple switches in the last few minutes. He missed a layup, missed a three, got stoned defensively, and had some no calls.

They just don’t really get much better game to game. Do they PLAY better in some games than others? Yes. They played better last night than they did vs ISU, for example. But they don’t really carry anything over (negative or positive) from game to game. It’s like each game is a new season and it’s the same season over and over and over. Doesn’t matter if it’s at home vs Sam Houston or on road at KU-/ the game will bog down, offense will be difficult both ways, it will be close late, and OU will struggle over the final minutes. A tough, gutsy performance in a losing effort on road can be admirable and can help you down the road. But we’ve seen it so often now without any real improvement, that I think we are beyond awarding accolades for admirable losses.

Back