OU @ KU 8pm CST on ESPN2

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1612554873345806336?s=20&t=gwwWffFwVB6kdaJ8oMmXcQ[/TWEET]

NORMAN – Oklahoma travels to Lawrence, Kan., for a Tuesday, Jan. 8 matchup with No. 2/2 Kansas. Tip is at 8 p.m. CT at Allen Fieldhouse.

Tuesday's game against the Jayhawks will be broadcast on ESPN2 with Jon Sciambi, Fran Fraschilla and Kris Budden on the call. Fans may also listen on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing.

https://soonersports.com/news/2023/...rs-jayhawks-set-for-tuesday-clash-in-lawrence

OU +9.5 O/U 133.5

I hope we trail most of the game but always stay in range. I feel better about our chances of hitting a game winner coming from behind than if we have led and then lose the lead near the end. I have witnessed the latter many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i hate ku... but a dream to visit phog vs OU.

Would be amusing if this was the team to finally beat KU in the phog after 30 years. We almost got them last year.

i hate ku... but a dream to visit phog vs OU.

I’ve watched the last 10 there (except for the Hield game where they were again fouling on the inbounds) but missing again this year due to a vacation.

Good news is I get to watch this one on TV at least. Hope we can stay in arm’s length.

Last edited:
Would be amusing if this was the team to finally beat KU in the phog after 30 years. We almost got them last year.

We have almost beaten them there more times than I can count. It's actually surprising how few of the games have been blowouts. Led late in '15, obviously the '16 game, led late two years ago, led most the game last year, and the '06 game on Super Bowl Sunday remains the most painful of all. Even if we would have stayed in the Big 12, I became firmly convinced a number of years ago that we will never win there again in my lifetime. I was at the '93 game as a high school junior -- Terry Evans led a bad OU team past a KU team that went to the Final Four.

We have almost beaten them there more times than I can count. It's actually surprising how few of the games have been blowouts. Led late in '15, obviously the '16 game, led late two years ago, led most the game last year, and the '06 game on Super Bowl Sunday remains the most painful of all. Even if we would have stayed in the Big 12, I became firmly convinced a number of years ago that we will never win there again in my lifetime. I was at the '93 game as a high school junior -- Terry Evans led a bad OU team past a KU team that went to the Final Four.

The thing I remember most about that 93 game happened before the game ever started. Billy Tubbs predicted an OU victory to the press. The local KC sports guys were yukking it up about that nonstop before the game. Everyone knew OU was going to lose. Hoping we can have a strange repeat like that this year but not holding my breath.

Like you said, we have had MANY great opportunities to win there but even our best teams haven’t been able to overcome what always happens when the physical play picks up and the refs tend to swallow their whistles. And even when we do get a break like the Lattin front end, we haven’t been able to finish

Last edited:
Stranger things have happened. It almost has to end statistically at some point by now. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain

Also i want this ended before we leave the dumb 12

Stranger things have happened. It almost has to end statistically at some point by now. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain

KU has a way of defying a lot of odds. I mean, the Big 12 is a great league and they managed to win in a zillion years in a row. I think UNC has won over 40 straight at home over Clemson, so it's sadly possible for it to continue.

The Lattin missed free throw gives me PTSD

Especially after he strutted to the line. Self did the smart thing and called timeout before the front end to let the building go crazy and force Lattin to think about it for two-plus minutes. I remember telling the other Sooner fan in my section that there was zero chance he would make it.

I liked Lattin, but I knew we were in trouble when he boldly declared to his teammates prior to going to the line, "I got this."

Wish I hadn't been able to read his lips.

I have a pretty good feeling about tonight, Folks! Boomer!

The ironic thing about 1993: 6 of the 8 teams in the Big 8 made the NCAA tournament. OU was not one of them.

There have been a lot of close games up there, though. I'd love to win one there before we move to the SEC.

Well dang. Can’t get coverage. Will see if I can get TRow and KH on the app.

Back