*******OU-Texas Tech Game Thread*******

So the closest they got was within four and we led the whole way and won by 9. You pretty much have to be looking for something complain about if you think that isn't closing out a game well.

He made an observation which had corrected a previous observation.

So the closest they got was within four and we led the whole way and won by 9. You pretty much have to be looking for something complain about if you think that isn't closing out a game well.

I won't apologize for being concerned that in every game we play, we build a big lead and let the other team whittle that lead down to almost nothing. At some point we need to start maintaining those leads, or even building on them. That is what good teams do.

That was around the 8 minute mark.

6 minute mark, and that is irrelevant.

We keep playing with fire, and at some point, we're going to get burnt. If we're good enough to build a 14 point lead on these guys, we're good enough to not let them pull to within 4. Our young guys need to fix that. It's an effort/intensity issue.

I won't apologize for being concerned that in every game we play, we build a big lead and let the other team whittle that lead down to almost nothing. At some point we need to start maintaining those leads, or even building on them. That is what good teams do.

What good teams do is win. We've mostly been doing that.

This team does a terrible job at the end of halves. They played poorly in the last 2 minutes of the first half today and looked a bit shaky at the end of the game. Its not the first time and It's becoming a bad habit.

The team played well after Woodard's 2nd turnover.

Sent from my galaxy s2

6 minute mark, and that is irrelevant.

We keep playing with fire, and at some point, we're going to get burnt. If we're good enough to build a 14 point lead on these guys, we're good enough to not let them pull to within 4. Our young guys need to fix that. It's an effort/intensity issue.

No it isn't. Teams will make a run in the second half. They virtually always do. Tech managed to shave off 5 points from the half time lead in its best stretch of the game and OU responded. It was a great road win.

Uh, OU was the underdog is this game. Most road dogs lose the game. Road dogs typically don't build safe leads and then widen them.

Kruger said on the radio that he thought this was the best 40 minutes the team has played. But, I'm sure those that think leading wire to wire as a road dog and winning by 9, is a lacking performance, are right.

Road dog doesn't mean Vegas thought we would lose.

It means that is where they thought the line needed to be for the public to split the money on each side.

I don't think there was a single OU fan that thought we'd lose this game. COULD lose it? Sure. WOULD lose it? I sure didn't see anybody acting that way.

It means that is where they thought the line needed to be for the public to split the money on each side.

I don't think there was a single OU fan that thought we'd lose this game. COULD lose it? Sure. WOULD lose it? I sure didn't see anybody acting that way.

OU fans think we are going to win them all. I didn't say anything about what Vegas thought about us winning or losing. I said, most road dogs lose. Would you care to challenge that statement?

OU fans think we are going to win them all. I didn't say anything about what Vegas thought about us winning or losing. I said, most road dogs lose. Would you care to challenge that statement?

Umm.....you are using the Vegas line to call us dogs (right?).

I don't think OU was a dog in that game at all.

TT will probably win 2-3 home games this year. They've already lost at home to two teams that most people think OU is on par with (ISU and UT), as well as a team that OU is clearly better than (WVU).

I don't care what the line is/was, that was a game OU was suppose to win. Period. And we did. And I'm happy about that.

You are right on the Vegas comment.

Umm.....you are using the Vegas line to call us dogs (right?).

I don't think OU was a dog in that game at all.

TT will probably win 2-3 home games this year. They've already lost at home to two teams that most people think OU is on par with (ISU and UT), as well as a team that OU is clearly better than (WVU).

I don't care what the line is/was, that was a game OU was suppose to win. Period. And we did. And I'm happy about that.

TT broke as a 1 1/2 pt. favorite. The line was bet down to pickem or OU +1 depending on the place. OU took the most money at that line. Most people, including myself thought OU would win. But, that doesn't change the fact that most road dogs lose.

Sooners are 3-1 on the road in conference play. Last years Big 12 road play OU was 3-6.

A couple of numbers that I liked from today:

1. Jordan Woodard's eight assists.
2. Times that Tech led in the game: Zero.

Back