OU vs ISU 6pm CST on ESPN2

Our best player (Sherfiled) giving us nothing tonight. And Jacob has been a liability on defense....he has no business being matched up with the Grille kid as he was slow on the screen and gave up another 3. It appears our best lineup tonight is 3 guards, Hill, and Groves/Godwin.

It would help if Porter put the ball in Grant’s hands rather than having him play off the ball.

Soooo… looks like we are forcing our off through grant…

Frustrating team to watch. We come back by pushing it and getting open looks. But then we go back into our half court cocoon and we seem to lose confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then we stand around while Tanner handles it

Frustrating team to watch. We come back by pushing it and getting open looks. But then we go back into our half court cocoon and we seem to lose confidence.

Frustrating, maddening, painful … lots of words for it. Moser really likes having them stand around for 25 seconds with little ball movement. And I’m glad we have relegated Grant to standing behind the three point line like he is nothing more than a spot up shooter.

It would help if Porter put the ball in Grant’s hands rather than having him play off the ball.

At some point, he has to demand the ball if he wants it. If he continues to stand off in the corner, he will be denied all night.

We can’t get a call

The first five fouls of the half were called on Iowa State. The missed call on the shot off the back of the backboard was awful, obviously. Otherwise, I can’t see how we have much to gripe about tonight other than our awful offense and bizarre strategy of taking the ball out of Grant’s hands.

Sherfield playing like this and we are still in it. We are so much better on offense when one guy can make just little moves and break down the D.

Need some stops.

At some point, he has to demand the ball if he wants it. If he continues to stand off in the corner, he will be denied all night.

But it is the coach who has obviously decided to not have him bring the ball up the floor and be the primary ball handler. Why? He is our best scorer and our best at forcing help and setting up teammates.

But it is the coach who has obviously decided to not have him bring the ball up the floor and be the primary ball handler. Why? He is our best scorer and our best at forcing help and setting up teammates.

Isu has had a good def plan against him

I agree he needs to bring the ball up, but I think they are going to double him no matter what....to make him get rid of it.

Alas. We seem much more comfortable being behind than we do leading. Still in this somehow with so many boneheaded plays.

And we wonder why this team can't win close games? Exhibit A - we get a stop and then Uzan proceeds to get caught in the air and turn it over for a layup on the other end. We are our own worst enemy at times.

Isu has had a good def plan against him

So if ISU does the same thing against KU, do you think Self would just concede and have Harris stand around the entire game? I love Uzan but he has been careless with the ball tonight. Let Grant run the show and if they trap him, then at least someone will be open and our best decision maker will be able to hopefully get the ball to the right spot.

We absolutely refuse to grab this game. So many opportunities lost.

At least we were able to get a shot off when we had a chance to take the lead....that's progress.

Back