OU vs WVU 830pm CST ESPNU

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
WEDNESDAY'S GAME BASICS
Oklahoma (19-12, 7-11 Big 12) is on the hunt for its fourth Big 12 Championship tournament title, opening play in Kansas City on Wednesday as the seventh seed. The Sooners will face 10th-seeded West Virginia (12-19, 4-14 Big 12) in the second game of the opening session, tipping off no earlier than 8 p.m. CT at Sprint Center. The winner of the opening round matchup with meet No. 2-seeded Texas Tech in the quarterfinals on Thursday. The Sooners and Mountaineers split the regular-season series, with Oklahoma defeating West Virginia earlier this month in Norman. A win would give the Sooners their 20th victory of the season, marking the fifth 20-win season in the eight years under head coach Lon Kruger.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211795158

I don’t think it’s a “must win” in terms of making the Dance. I think we are close to 100% in already. But I do think it’s a must win if we want to feel even halfway decent about ourselves heading into the tourney. I’d also say not getting steamrolled by Tech would be important in that regard. Last year at this time I’d lost all faith and expected OSU to beat us, which of course, they did. This year, I feel a little better and I think we win an ugly one tonight.

Need to play well for this one and the next one. I think if we could steal a few wins this week.

Good luck in tonight's game. Preview from Eric Bailey...

Oklahoma won’t tread lightly into its Big 12 Tournament game against last-place West Virginia on Wednesday night.

The Sooners learned their lesson last season when they were stung by No. 8 seed Oklahoma State in the opening round.

“We got beat because we didn’t take them seriously like we should have,” OU forward Kristian Doolittle said Monday after practice. “So we’re going to learn from that mistake this year, starting with the seniors going down and reminding us on how big this game is for us and what this game has at stake for us, as well.

“We’ll be ready.”

Need this win to not drop back seeding wise. How high could we get if we win 2 or 3 this week? A 7 seed? Or is 8-9 our ceiling?

Doolittle’s quote in the Tulsa World article above is the key for today’s game. If our players truly learned from their mistake last year and come ready to play, OU should be moving on to game two. Take WVU lightly and they’ll be going home not advancing to the next round. I hope Doolittle is right!

“We got beat because we didn’t take them seriously like we should have,” OU forward Kristian Doolittle said Monday after practice. “So we’re going to learn from that mistake this year, starting with the seniors going down and reminding us on how big this game is for us and what this game has at stake for us, as well.

“We’ll be ready.”

i would rather ou be a 10 than a 9 or 8

I'm with you Boulder....I would much prefer the 7/10 game. I think if we win tonight and beat Tech tomorrow, then a 7 seed is within shouting distance.....but that is much easier said than done. And it would also help if teams like Cincy, Louisville and Iowa lost in their first round tournament games as well....because those are the teams that we will be theoretically battling for the last 7 spot.

According to Bracketmatrix here are the seedings around us as of right now

7 Cincy
7 Wofford (Won Southern)
7 Iowa St
7 Lousiville

8 Central Florida
8 VCU
8 Iowa
8 OU

9 Ole Miss
9 Baylor
9 Washington (Assumed Pac 12 Champ)
9 Syracuse

10 Utah State
10 Seton Hall
10 Minnesota
10 St. Johns

11 TCU
11 NC State
11 Florida
11 Arizona St
11 Temple

12 Clemson
12 Ohio State
12 St. Mary's (Won WCC)
12 Murray St (Won Ohio Valley)
12 New Mexico St (Assumed WAC Champ)

According to Bracketmatrix here are the seedings around us as of right now

7 Cincy
7 Wofford (Won Southern)
7 Iowa St
7 Lousiville

8 Central Florida
8 VCU
8 Iowa
8 OU

9 Ole Miss
9 Baylor
9 Washington (Assumed Pac 12 Champ)
9 Syracuse

10 Utah State
10 Seton Hall
10 Minnesota
10 St. Johns

11 TCU
11 NC State
11 Florida
11 Arizona St
11 Temple

12 Clemson
12 Ohio State
12 St. Mary's (Won WCC)
12 Murray St (Won Ohio Valley)
12 New Mexico St (Assumed WAC Champ)

I don't think we can jump Wofford (even though we beat them)....everyone is in love with them. Cincy has a bloated record and hollow resume. Outside of our conference record, Louisville is virtually a mirror image of us when you look at the Quadrant wins/losses. VCU and Central Florida have bloated records in weaker conferences, but have been playing well down the stretch. Iowa is in a free fall and I expect to move ahead of them.....as long as we don't lose tonight.

Playing at 8:30pm tonight is total BS. I want to watch it earlier, and therefore it should be so.

TCU is going to escape....but a pretty massive gag job by the horny toads down the stretch. It's like they realized that were going to the Dance and stopped playing with 8 minutes left.

TCU is going to escape....but a pretty massive gag job by the horny toads down the stretch. It's like they realized that were going to the Dance and stopped playing with 8 minutes left.

At least you were spared the opportunity of watching at least another 5 minutes of the game.

6-7 at under 16. Need more shots to fall. Hopefully soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have perfected the 4-guys-stand-around-while-1-guy-takes-a-bad-shot offense as designed by John Wooden

Back