The pumpkin patch might be in trouble in the post again....

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
It can't be as bad as last year, but they lost Thugland and Brown and now it appears that Johnson AND Shaw may not make it. The reports that I have heard on Walker say that he is still a ways off from being a starting Big 12 big, so it looks like it will be Obi and Moses again (maybe Franklin?)

Coach Ford spoke at the Noon Lion's Club in Stillwater yesterday and gave an update on Cowboy Basketball. He spoke about this past year's season and how he termed it a "Rewarding" season, considering some of the challenges the team and he personally went through. He fielded a question about the guys coming in for next season and gave a run down of each player. Regarding Shaw and Johnson, he said that they really don't expect them to be here in the fall. But that they really liked them and will probably help them get placed somewhere and get their academics in line. He also said that they are still looking to add 1 more recruit for next season.

this is no surprise. there have been question marks about the osu class all year.

oh, and moses is better than those guys anyways.

oh, and moses is better than those guys anyways.

I don't doubt that. Moses really surprised me with how well he put it together during conference play. If he were a couple of inches taller then he would be an all Big 12 type of guy.

So who do you (anyone) think their starting five will be next fall?

Moses
Anderson
Mounelo
Page
???

That still looks like a pretty salty team. Undersized and scrappy, just like '08-'09. 9-7 in conference and keeping their fingers crossed for an NCAA bid late in the season.

Of course, we might be keeping our fingers crossed for an NCAA bid late in the season as well. :)

I would go with:

Gulley/Dowell/Penn
Page
Anderson
Obi
Moses

I agree that they will have a good team next year, but I think that they have the potential to lose some games due to lack of post depth. It really didn't bite them as much last year as I thought it would. Starting a true frosh PG that is not a "sure thing" (ex Burger boy) could be pretty risky as well.

So who do you (anyone) think their starting five will be next fall?

Moses
Anderson
Mounelo
Page
???

That still looks like a pretty salty team. Undersized and scrappy, just like '08-'09. 9-7 in conference and keeping their fingers crossed for an NCAA bid late in the season.

Of course, we might be keeping our fingers crossed for an NCAA bid late in the season as well. :)

The guy who posted that on orangepower also said that ford told the crowd that him and the other coaches have been very pleased with how akol is coming along.

The guy who posted that on orangepower also said that ford told the crowd that him and the other coaches have been very pleased with how akol is coming along.

you know what they say! I mean you know what I say!

They are going to need him.

They pushed on him really hard in the practices after the tournament. But you can't teach strength and he is severely lacking in that area.

Walker is closer to ready to play than Shaw. The big loss here is Karron Johnson. It isn't a surprise but if you sign a guy like that it sucks to have to place him.

Back