'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

I mean, Wade is a great coach. But he will have your program in trouble in no time.

Friend who coached with him a long time ago told me that BEFORE the LSU situation.
what trouble is there to get into now? paying players through coaching staff/university instead of nil? going dave bliss is about it these days.

what trouble is there to get into now? paying players through coaching staff/university instead of nil? going dave bliss is about it these days.
I'm confident in saying that a guy who was slimy enough to do it when it was against the rules will find additional rules to flout.

It was purely for fun and giggles. I didn't think Moser would leave and still don't, obviously.

But sure, in the rare case he did/does, Wade, if you can look past his past, is probably the most attainable top-shelf coach. He has an eye for talent that is unlike most coaches.

I KNOW Joe C wouldn't hire Wade.

I don't care about the LSU stuff, as stated. This isn't Oklahoma Christian even if Joe C operates like it is. Kelvin was a notorious cheater and a lot of people are begging for a return to the Kelvin era (by hiring Kellen).

I'm confident in saying that a guy who was slimy enough to do it when it was against the rules will find additional rules to flout.
like the repeat offender, slimy kelvin? :) look, not advocating for a new coach. not entirely advocating for wade. but our offense is what’s disheartening. i was for moser, but damn. the women run more of an offense that i thought we would see.

great finish in bonnies vs la salle game. how is josh pastner on both espn and nbc? breaking my brain.

It was purely for fun and giggles. I didn't think Moser would leave and still don't, obviously.

But sure, in the rare case he did/does, Wade, if you can look past his past, is probably the most attainable top-shelf coach. He has an eye for talent that is unlike most coaches.

I don't care about the LSU stuff, as stated. This isn't Oklahoma Christian even if Joe C operates like it is. Kelvin was a notorious cheater and a lot of people are begging for a return to the Kelvin era (by hiring Kellen).
3 times since 2013, his team's failed to go over 20 wins. Just looking at him bringing in talent and finding ways to win. That is the appeal. The guy also knows how to win in conference, only 2 years he didn't go .500 or below that. I wouldn't necessarily be worried of him breaking rules since OU has their top-notch compliance department to handle that kind of thing. 😉

I'm amazed anyone would even consider calling for Wade to be our coach. It's disheartening.
To be fair, it's the same posters that want OU to bend every other rule out there.

They don't care.

I'd prefer to try and stay pretty clean myself.

Notorious?

LMAO

There were a lot of infractions (I mean, each text/phone call was considered a separate offense), but you are talking about stuff that happened over a relatively short period of time.

Notorious. 😂 😂

Travis Ford out after one tourney appearance in 8 years. Please God tell me someone won’t be saying this about Moser in 5 years.

Travis Ford out after one tourney appearance in 8 years. Please God tell me someone won’t be saying this about Moser in 5 years.
Maybe St. Louis will hire moser. Aren’t they a Catholic school?

Notorious?

LMAO

There were a lot of infractions (I mean, each text/phone call was considered a separate offense), but you are talking about stuff that happened over a relatively short period of time.

Notorious. 😂 😂
yes, notorious.

notorious

adjective
  1. widely and unfavorably known:
    a notorious gambler.

2. publicly or generally known, as for a particular trait:
    a newspaper that is notorious for its sensationalism.

He cheated at both OU and Indiana...and it wasn't just a little bit, it was a lot and it was very blatant. It resulted in Kelvin being out of CBB for 6 years and probation for Indiana (as we know).

Kelvin has gone on to have success at UH, duh, but yeah, for a good stretch there, he was known as a cheater (some may still view him that way).

Last edited:
yes, notorious.

notorious

adjective
  1. widely and unfavorably known:
    a notorious gambler.

2. publicly or generally known, as for a particular trait:
    a newspaper that is notorious for its sensationalism.

He cheated at both OU and Indiana...and it wasn't just a little bit, it was a lot and it was very blatant. It resulted in Kelvin being out of CBB for 6 years and probation for Indiana (as we know).

Kelvin has gone on to have success at UH, duh, but yeah, for a good stretch there, he was known as a cheater (some may still view him that way).
If Kelvin can be given a second chance and be thought of highly, maybe will wade can too. I would be willing to try about anything about now. OU basketball is depressing to watch. I want to win and if that means hiring will wade, I’m willing to give that a try. You know, if we ever have an opening.

Surely he gone
He really needs to be. Cautionary tale on why you don't hire A) coach without prior head coaching experience B) famous alums. B forces you into keeping them longer than you should, oftentimes.

Juwan's UM coaching career is somewhat comparable to Capel's at OU. One really good season being the outlier to mostly mediocre years. Capel had Blake G (and Crocker/Warren/Cade) while Juwan had Hunter Dickinson (and Livers/Wagner).

Moser is staying but another coach I'd look at IF OU had an opening?

Matt Langel (Colgate).

Purely from an Xs and Os perspective, Colgate does some impressive stuff.

Opening tip yesterday (designed)

Could he recruit/assemble an SEC roster? No idea, that would be my concern. Langel is a really good coach though. It'll be interesting to see if he's hired away from Colgate this offseason.

Back