'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

Supposedly, if you can believe the rumors...

Louisville is increasing NIL and they already have $4M unused NIL from last season. If that is true, that would be a major reason.

I still think he's Moser-ing Baylor though. He's the King of Waco (okay, it's actually Chip and Joanna but it's close, lol) but is probably wanting to make sure Baylor stays 100% competitive in all facets.

Supposedly, if you can believe the rumors...

Louisville is increasing NIL and they already have $4M unused NIL from last season. If that is true, that would be a major reason.

I still think he's Moser-ing Baylor though. He's the King of Waco (okay, it's actually Chip and Joanna but it's close, lol) but is probably wanting to make sure Baylor stays 100% competitive in all facets.
And Drew actually has earned the right to leverage his current employer. Makes sense if he is trying to make sure they continue to invest.

DePaul is hiring former Ohio State head coach Chris Holtmann, per multiple sources. - Trilly
This is why DePaul is stuck in a cycle of mediocrity.

There are a million coaches out there (slight exaggeration) and you choose to go after a coach who just fell on his face.

Could it work? I mean, yeah, but it doesn't seem like anything you'd call a safe bet. His assistant hires will be important (aren't they always). He should target Armon Gates, seriously. He'd get a good assistant with Chicago ties and OU could then go make a better hire.

What it does scream to me? Being cheap. I should probably wait until the financials are released but with Holtmann getting money to leave Ohio State, I would guess DePaul is hiring him at/around $2M per year.

C- hire. JMO. Maybe I'll be wrong.

This is why DePaul is stuck in a cycle of mediocrity.

There are a million coaches out there (slight exaggeration) and you choose to go after a coach who just fell on his face.

Could it work? I mean, yeah, but it doesn't seem like anything you'd call a safe bet. His assistant hires will be important (aren't they always). He should target Armon Gates, seriously. He'd get a good assistant with Chicago ties and OU could then go make a better hire.

What it does scream to me? Being cheap. I should probably wait until the financials are released but with Holtmann getting money to leave Ohio State, I would guess DePaul is hiring him at/around $2M per year.

C- hire. JMO. Maybe I'll be wrong.

Totally agree. If you can’t succeed at Ohio state then I am not betting on success at DePaul.

Another coach who used Ohio State's opening, and his own success (duh), to get an extension/raise

The Rice rumors have been focused on two names: Griff Aldrich (Longwood) & Josh Pastner (former Memphis/GT)

----

true Blue blood with the largest basketball revenue in the country and an NBA quality 22k arena (that they don't have to share) to call home (that is full if they are at all good) ..
from 2021 Louisville bball 42 mil in revenue ..

from 2021 Louisville bball 42 mil in revenue ..

Any indication on how revenue is determined, or what it consists of? That seems like a crazy number, just curious what all is included.

That worked, I dont have any subs under the coaching-carousel...which is interesting. (Maybe I am just a newb at discord - clearly I missed the thread to hop in there)
In coaching carousel, tap #cosching-carousel, then tap threads.

Back