'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

Caveat:

I would also like to note that the Big12 has not faired well in the tournament...that does not look good for our SOS-NET boosting (noncon) conference...

So is the Sam Houston coach better than Moser?

I honestly can't wait to hear the spin when Moser finishes under .500 in the SEC over the course of 18 games rather than playing one or two noncon games a year.

Ou is 6-2 against sec under moser. 8 games is not an outlier like 1 game to begin the year. Garbage comparison

Does Drew go to UK if offered?

If that happens, you are the Baylor AD, Tang really wants that gig...but do you take the younger Grant McCasland?

SOOOO many dominos to fall, this is the most exciting coaching carousel I can remember...

Ou is 6-2 against sec under moser. 8 games is not an outlier like 1 game to begin the year. Garbage comparison
Once the SEC schedule is announced, let's place a friendly wager on what he will be over the course of 18 league games where the scouting, preparation, and intensity is significantly higher. My guess is that just like in the Big 12, the number in the L column will exceed the number in the W column.

Once the SEC schedule is announced, let's place a friendly wager on what he will be over the course of 18 league games where the scouting, preparation, and intensity is significantly higher. My guess is that just like in the Big 12, the number in the L column will exceed the number in the W column.
I would love to see how close we are to .500 depending on matchups. I think South Carolina/Auburn's schedule we are easily more W.

If they Vanderbilt us...I would owe you the monies.

I will likely accept this unless we get hosed with a murderers row like we got for football.

I would love to see how close we are to .500 depending on matchups. I think South Carolina/Auburn's schedule we are easily more W.

If they Vanderbilt us...I would owe you the monies.
That's the wild card. My guess is will certainly play Texas twice, so that's two very likely Ls. No idea which other two teams we will play home and away. Then we get 12 teams once each, and the home/road split will make a difference there, too.

That's the wild card. My guess is will certainly play Texas twice, so that's two very likely Ls. No idea which other two teams we will play home and away. Then we get 12 teams once each, and the home/road split will make a difference there, too.
So, I put together the conf schedules combined via KenPom:

OU W/LOklahomaVanderbiltAuburnSouth Carolina
w
8​
13​
108​
34​
l
43​
95​
35​
13​
l
27​
86​
95​
145​
w
144​
4​
183​
84​
w
39​
34​
86​
108​
l
25​
5​
13​
22​
l
31​
4​
34​
145​
w
70​
145​
183​
5​
l
66​
22​
86​
84​
w
18​
54​
13​
86​
w
117​
35​
26​
183​
l
15​
5​
54​
4​
l
27​
84​
22​
95​
w
117​
26​
84​
86​
l
8​
108​
5​
35​
l
3​
95​
34​
26​
w
39​
22​
145​
5​
l
25​
26​
84​
34​

If you broke that down into OU winning %s and went with the pessimistic outlook for each one, it would look something like this:

Oklahomawin %VanderbiltOU rec?AuburnOU rec?South CarolinaOU rec?
Top252-528.672-541-351-4
26-502-433.341-341-341-3
51-750-07511-011-000-0
76-1001-15042-252-352-3
101+3-010022-044-044-0
8-108-109-98-10

So very well you all could be handshaking and keeping your wallets comfy.
I do think OU would have a much better record in the 76-100 format, but I have been wrong before and will be again.

*this is a very crude look at it

So is the Sam Houston coach better than Moser?

I honestly can't wait to hear the spin when Moser finishes under .500 in the SEC over the course of 18 games rather than playing one or two noncon games a year.
lol, some morons around here think he's going to win 75% of his SEC games "because that's what he's done so far." LMAO

Imagine looking at 14 games out of the 97 he's coached at OU and trying to make some point.

Better hope we aren't getting Arkansas twice after this. Yikes!

It will be interesting. 16 teams. 18 games. Everybody once and 3 teams twice? Have they announced the format yet? lol, I might be behind on the news.

lol, some morons around here think he's going to win 75% of his SEC games "because that's what he's done so far." LMAO

Imagine looking at 14 games out of the 97 he's coached at OU and trying to make some point.
Yea essentially three games a year have people convinced he owns the SEC. I’m a Mets fan. (It’s a hard life.) If they go 78-84 but just so happen to go 9-6 against the AL East in inter league play one season, it doesn’t mean we own that division and would come anywhere close to that over the course of 162 games. The SEC is very good. I think people will be surprised with the level of athletes we will see in that league.

Better hope we aren't getting Arkansas twice after this. Yikes!

It will be interesting. 16 teams. 18 games. Everybody once and 3 teams twice? Have they announced the format yet? lol, I might be behind on the news.
That’s the format but we don’t know which three teams yet. I’m sure Texas will be a permanent home and home opponent.

That’s the format but we don’t know which three teams yet. I’m sure Texas will be a permanent home and home opponent.
In football they "tried" to keep it balanced.

Arkansas would make a lot of sense. Then either Mizzou (they keep trying to force that rivalry on us) or aTm. My guess is UT, one from that group I just mentioned, then somebody further East.

In football they "tried" to keep it balanced.

Arkansas would make a lot of sense. Then either Mizzou (they keep trying to force that rivalry on us) or aTm. My guess is UT, one from that group I just mentioned, then somebody further East.
My guess is Texas, Arkansas and Mizzou.

I disagree. A fresh buy out may not be something UK wants to deal with, and some coaches would have the integrity to not leave days/weeks after starting a new job. That may be a small list, but it I guarantee it isn't a list of zero.

It’s Zero. It’s a top 3 job and probably isn’t 2-3…

They can pay whatever they want for who they want!

It’s Zero. It’s a top 3 job and probably isn’t 2-3…

They can pay whatever they want for who they want!
Stop. That isn't how it works. Not everybody wants to coach at UK. Guarantee it's not zero. 100%.

Back