'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

Can't say that I blame her. She's 70 years old. She's won everything there is to win. Stanford is moving to the ACC. She doesn't want to fly cross country to play conference games.
Yup, she had a great career so she deserves a great retirement

What about Jerome Tang? He just played Arkansas to get another extension and favorable terms from K-State. Would he go back to Baylor?
I think Tang would probably be the 1b (or #2) to McCasland.

Grant is younger, more upside.

Having said all of that, I haven't looked into buyouts and definitely don't know what Tang just got from KState.

I think Tang would probably be the 1b (or #2) to McCasland.

Grant is younger, more upside.

Having said all of that, I haven't looked into buyouts and definitely don't know what Tang just got from KState.
Meant to say....if it gets to Tang, I think Tang would crawl back to Texas.

Assuming the money side of things worked out.

perfect for each other
Sports are more fun with people like him around. I hope Arky is one of our rivals that we get to play twice. Those two fan bases do not like each other at all. With us potentially losing Bedlam, I'd like to see the Arkansas series take it's place.

All these moves, and OU is stuck with a fledgling coach who can't build a roster. Maybe 1 transfer in the portal now wants to actually transfer to OU.

Sports are more fun with people like him around. I hope Arky is one of our rivals that we get to play twice. Those two fan bases do not like each other at all. With us potentially losing Bedlam, I'd like to see the Arkansas series take it's place.
This. Sports needs "villains" and Calipari plays the role perfectly. Also agree with Arkansas. I hope we also play Mizzou twice just because I miss beating them in anything, given I live in the KC area with tons of them around.... :ROFLMAO:

1712759922977.png

----------

I'd stay my happy ass in Waco. Which, for obvious reasons, sounds weird (Waco is a chithole). But you have a good thing going, you are the King of your own program. Basically, Baylor MBB is Scott Drew. At UK, the job owns you. He'll have a statue built, the court will be named after him, etc. Sometimes the grass isn't greener even if the bank account is.

View attachment 1300

----------

I'd stay my happy ass in Waco. Which, for obvious reasons, sounds weird (Waco is a chithole). But you have a good thing going, you are the King of your own program. Basically, Baylor MBB is Scott Drew. At UK, the job owns you. He'll have a statue built, the court will be named after him, etc. Sometimes the grass isn't greener even if the bank account is.

I mean, Waco ain't great but Lexington ain't Malibu. In fact the more I think about it, decent amount of traditional blue bloods are in less than ideal places to live and recruit to (Storrs, Lawrence, Syracuse, Lexington, Bloomington, etc.)

But agree with you that if I were Drew, I'd use this to get a nice pay bump in the 6m-7m range and continue to be the crown jewel of the Baylor athletic department. Like you said, if Drew retires at Baylor or leaves without burning his bridges, he'll eventually have a statue on campus, at minimum.

Unpopular opinion. I like Calipari and I think he gets a bad rap. <ducks>
Honestly I don't personally dislike the guy either but that may change if/when we play his team twice a year depending on his antics.

Watching the Natl championship game it took 3 mins for me to no longer like Dan Hurley after going after Edey at a timeout and walking out onto the court to move a player and then complain that he got a warning and lost the ball :ROFLMAO:

Some others that have bad raps I tend to like as well.

Honestly I don't personally dislike the guy either but that may change if/when we play his team twice a year depending on his antics.

Watching the Natl championship game it took 3 mins for me to no longer like Dan Hurley after going after Edey at a timeout and walking out onto the court to move a player and then complain that he got a warning and lost the ball :ROFLMAO:

Some others that have bad raps I tend to like as well.
I think now that everyone can openly pay players, some of these coaches are getting exposed. Calipari is one of those coaches.

I think now that everyone can openly pay players, some of these coaches are getting exposed. Calipari is one of those coaches.
I think it's more about exposing that they haven't been working as hard at coaching as they did when they were up and coming. Guys like Calipari, Self, Sean Miller, etc have lost more games in the last 2-3 years than they did for 3-5 years before the playing field became more even. NIL as well as the transfer portal has really evened a lot of that out and they either need to get back on top of it (see KU with bringing 5+ new players in) or get pushed out.

Which would only make sense if (a) he was no longer getting great recruiting classes, and (b) UK's slide had only started in the past 2-3 years. Their relative downturn started well before that.

Back