'24 Coaching Carousel Thread (Doug Gottlieb to Green Bay)

Staff on Sicem365

IMG_4524.jpg

here is something we would not of said 10 years ago. "the head basketball coach at Baylor has turned down both the Kentucky and Louisville head coaching jobs to say at Baylor...
Sometimes there is value in staying. At this point, I'm really not sure Drew could do anything at UK that he couldn't do at Baylor. There is risk involved in any move like that, and no guarantee it's for the better, even going to a program like Kentucky. I don't fault him one bit for staying, if he does.

So often in sports, with players and coaches, it's assumed that, no matter how many millions the individual is already making, he'll sign elsewhere for another million or two. I often ask myself, "How much money is enough?" It's nice to see someone value his family's happiness, show loyalty to the program (though it's one I don't like) that gave him the opportunity to achieve greatness and generally not make earning even more money (when he's already set for life) his top priority.

I realize that all sounds a bit pollyanna. He's probably getting a huge raise from BU. Still, it's nice to see someone say, in effect, I value what I have.

1712855806098.png

That's the kind of stuff that had me saying....Drew needed to stay.

UK is a different breed, man. Irrational fans. He's expected to win at Baylor but he'd have to really, really suck to feel any heat. He could feel the heat at UK the first year.

It was a wise decision, IMO, and I'm sure Baylor has made him a little happier (NIL) on the heels of both KY schools trying to lure him (UK/LVille).

View attachment 1311

UK is a different breed, man. Irrational fans. He's expected to win at Baylor but he'd have to really, really suck to feel any heat. He could feel the heat at UK the first year.

It was a wise decision, IMO, and I'm sure Baylor has made him a little happier (NIL) on the heels of both KY schools trying to lure him (UK/LVille).
How would there even be a source on this supposed call? Lolol

View attachment 1311

There has to be repercussions for how they ran Calipari out of town, I don’t know what else a coach needs to see to realize if you don’t win big in the tourney quickly that’ll be you in 3 years.

NIL has changed the dynamic, if you have support and resources you can win anywhere. Legacy, fan base and history only mean so much now. Kentucky fans clearly don’t get that and to be fair OU football fans don’t either.

Back