'24 Coaching Carousel Thread (Doug Gottlieb to Green Bay)

Sports are more fun with people like him around. I hope Arky is one of our rivals that we get to play twice. Those two fan bases do not like each other at all. With us potentially losing Bedlam, I'd like to see the Arkansas series take it's place.
I think Arkansas is the type of program that would force us to step up our game in basketball and other sports. They are unbearable to lose to, maybe even more so than OSU.

I like him as well .... I also think he has very much underwhelmed in results
It's hard to win championships and Calipari has had Kentucky knocking on the door several times. Overall the 1 and done strategy will win you a lot of games because you have the better players, but in a single game elimination tournament and playing a strong veteran team has been a bit of Calipari's teams kryptonite. If those 1 and done kids had stuck around an extra year or two the trophy case in Lexington would be fuller.

I think now that everyone can openly pay players, some of these coaches are getting exposed. Calipari is one of those coaches.
As others have said, I think it is more of the work put in. YOu get burnt out the longer you are in a position and can start to even subconsciously slack off.
The game has changed a lot too. But I don't think it is about getting exposed because I read that as he isn't a good coach. You can't be a bad or even average coach and win like he did at UMASS and Memphis

View attachment 1300

----------

I'd stay my happy ass in Waco. Which, for obvious reasons, sounds weird (Waco is a chithole). But you have a good thing going, you are the King of your own program. Basically, Baylor MBB is Scott Drew. At UK, the job owns you. He'll have a statue built, the court will be named after him, etc. Sometimes the grass isn't greener even if the bank account is.
I'd lean that way, too. Be the king of Waco and stay as long as I want.

But these guys are built differently. Scott apparently wants to tame the UK monster.

Unlike with Louisville, I don't think he's playing games. He's friends with the AD. If he's talking to them, he's serious. And he's on a plane for Lexington right now.

:ROFLMAO:

IMG_2770.jpg

Back