'24 Coaching Carousel Thread

What does that say when a coach in the Southland leaves for an assistant's job in the MVC?
In this case, I think it's a coach who left before he was fired ("parachuting"). A smaller Calipari type situation if you will. Slessinger gets to go home (Indiana) and escape a dead-end job at the same time. New Orleans has to be in the bottom 5% of D1 jobs, or 10%. He probably got a pay raise as well. I haven't seen the #s though.

Last edited:
In this case, I think it's a coach who left before he was fired ("parachuting"). A smaller Calipari type situation if you will. Slessinger gets to go home (Indiana) and escape a dead-end job at the same time. New Orleans has to be in the bottom 5% of D1 jobs, or 10%. He probably got a pay raise as well. I have seen the #s though.
Those were exactly my thoughts.

I don’t know if it would even be remotely possible, but there’s a thread on OUI talking about rumors of OU reaching out to Billy Donovan, who is about to get fired by the bulls apparently.

I wouldn’t bring it here but both Thune and Drumm have interacted with it, so maybe there’s something there?

I don’t know if it would even be remotely possible, but there’s a thread on OUI talking about rumors of OU reaching out to Billy Donovan, who is about to get fired by the bulls apparently.

I wouldn’t bring it here but both Thune and Drumm have interacted with it, so maybe there’s something there?
I don't know if Billy Donovan wants to do the recruiting part of things

I don’t know why he would want to join the shitshow of college bball again

I sure hope not and I doubt Donovan is getting fired

Supposedly he passed on Kentucky. I know Kentucky and OU are apples and oranges, but if he didn't want to coach at Kentucky, why would he want to coach at OU? He's familiar with Oklahoma, he knows what OU is. Plus, college basketball has changed drastically from when he was winning NCs at Florida.

Unless he and his wife really liked living in Oklahoma..that's the only reason I can see him giving the idea any consideration.

Supposedly he passed on Kentucky. I know Kentucky and OU are apples and oranges, but if he didn't want to coach at Kentucky, why would he want to coach at OU? He's familiar with Oklahoma, he knows what OU is. Plus, college basketball has changed drastically from when he was winning NCs at Florida.

Unless he and his wife really liked living in Oklahoma..that's the only reason I can see him giving the idea any consideration.
Kentucky is crazy pressure, at Oklahoma he would have “rest and vest” from JoeC with a winning season yearly and a bubble bid every other year. Also SEC money.. so it could be attractive to a good coach who wants to retire (like Kruger).

Kentucky is crazy pressure, at Oklahoma he would have “rest and vest” from JoeC with a winning season yearly and a bubble bid every other year. Also SEC money.. so it could be attractive to a good coach who wants to retire (like Kruger).
That's the only reason I thought of that he would be interested in OU. He knows the state, he even knows the conference.

Still, the game has changed since he was winning NCs as a younger coach.

FWIW, Brock Morris has followed a realtor/NIL guy in South Alabama and a reporter from the local Mobile news channel.

1714095780312.png

Last edited:
Back