Oklahoma @ Auburn

SoonerTraveler

Reaction score
Sunday; Dec. 2 / 3 p.m. / Auburn, Ala / SEC Network

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211782393

Oklahoma finishes up its five-game road swing on Sunday at Auburn for the SEC/Big 12 Challenge. The Sooners (2-4) are looking to snap a four-game losing skid as they make their first trip to Auburn Arena to face the Tigers (5-1).

OU is 76-75 against current members of the SEC and are looking for their first win in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge.

ON THE AIR - Sunday's game will be televised on the SEC Network with Brenda VanLengen (play-by-play) and Andraya Carter (analyst) on the call. The contest will air on the Sooner Radio Network with Chris Plank calling the action.

FIVE THINGS TO KNOW

• Oklahoma concludes its season-long five-game road swing on Sunday at Auburn for the 2018 SEC/Big Challenge. The Sooners have dropped four straight contests away from home as they head to Auburn to face the Tigers for the first time. OU is 76-75 all-time against current members of the SEC.

• The Sooners are 0-5 all-time in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge and are seeking their first win in the event. OU has participated in the event in each of the last four seasons along with Arkansas, Texas and Texas A&M. The Sooners fell in last year's edition to Florida, 80-61, inside Lloyd Noble Center.

• Freshman guard Taylor Robertson has knocked down 29 3-pointers, which is the second-most treys hit by a single player in the country this season. She also ranks second nationally with 4.83 3-pointers per contest. The freshman has scored at least 20 points in three of OU's six games this year and already ranks 10th on the Sooners' freshman record list for 3-pointers made in a single-season. The McPherson, Kan., native hit seven triples and led OU with 23 points at New Mexico on Wednesday.

• Freshman guard/forward Madi Williams is one of five Big 12 players to average a double-double so far this season. Williams is averaging 14.2 points and 10.8 rebounds per contest through six games this year. Williams is tied for fifth nationally in rebounding among freshmen. The Fort Worth, Texas, native finished with 16 points and eight rebounds on the road at New Mexico on Wednesday.

• The Sooners earned their 19th consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance last season and tied for third place with an 11-7 mark in the Big 12. The Sooners return two starters from last year's squad: sophomore guard Ana Llanusa (12.6 ppg, 4.0 rpg) and sophomore guard Shaina Pellington (13.1 ppg, 2.2 apg). Pellington was the 2018 Big 12 Freshman of the Year and both players were selected to the All-Big 12 Freshman Team along with earning All-Big 12 Honorable Mention selections.

realtimerpi

#28 Auburn
#184 Oklahoma

Auburn went to New Mexico where we lost by four. Auburn won 79-76. Auburn is 4-1 having lost at Iowa State, 64-67.

Unique Thompson 6-3 Soph, F, 14.8 ppg, 12.8 reb
Janiah McKay 5-6 Sr, G, 14.2 ppg, 6.5 asst
Emari Jones 5-10 Sr, G, 12.0 ppg, 6.5 reb, 3 asst
Daisa Alexander 5-8 Jr, G, 11.2 ppg, 4.3 reb
Crystal Primm 5-11 Jr. G, 8.8 ppg

The bench is largely freshmen and a soph, one of whom is a good freshman, Robyn Benton, 5-9 Fr, who averages 8.3 ppg. They do have 6-1, 6-3, and 6-3 on the back of the bench (freshmen).

Thompson is 58% from the field. McKay hits 46.7% from three. Jones and Benton are about 35% from three.

Auburn shoots 45.0%. Their opposition shoots 35.4%!!!! They win the rebounding battle by about 7. They have 17.2 turnovers to their opponent's, 21.

Early on the girls are handling the press well but still suck on lay ups.

I'm going to take a wild guess that Auburn can't understand why they get in foul trouble when they play on the road.

Can you imagine how good we could be if we could make a simple lay up and free throws.

1st quarter was pretty darn good. Best in quite a long while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not surprised whatsoever we had a consistently now we are consistently behind. Lampkin is the worst free throw shooter in the history of a SC team, thus far anyway. I really feel like free throw shooting is what has kept us from winning some of these games. And that is complete lack of discipline, not a whole lot more you can say.

Wow..perfect example of very bad basketball..

Do not see Williston on bench. Anyone know why? Oh well, Coale would not play her anyway.

Not surprised whatsoever we had a consistently now we are consistently behind. Lampkin is the worst free throw shooter in the history of a SC team, thus far anyway. I really feel like free throw shooting is what has kept us from winning some of these games. And that is complete lack of discipline, not a whole lot more you can say.

There is no excuse for poor free throw shooting.

SC needs to go. At least the other Big 12 teams are having competitive games. Except for Texas, they might be another team whose coach's time there should be limited. It's one thing to recruit, but if you don't know what to do with the talent once it gets there, that's another thing. Mark my words, Texas will be around 4th or 5th in the final Big 12 standings.. OU on the other hand will be 8-10.

Poor free throw shooting and not taking care of the ball should have you sitting on the bench.

How many years is poor discipline going to go on????

Start of third and the descent into horrible play continues for unabated.

The ladies turned it around. It was like they just woke up. Good effort last half of that quarter.

Well, at this point, I guess we are learning there isn’t much we can expect from this team this season.

I just hope we can keep from being humiliated every game as we grow — if we do.

The worst part about playing all of these road games is that there is absolutely no post-game content on the Sooner website. I haven’t been able to find a single interview/press conference with Sherri Coale in weeks.

Shaina has completely disappeared in this 5-game skid. She needs to at LEAST match her output from last year in order for this team to be competitive.

Auburn just set a school record for 3-pointers made. How many teams will set records against us this year?

Yet when they got close they fell apart once again. This team is playing painful to watch play. And the upperclassmen are pointless and worthless. sound like a broken record, I know, but poor recruiting over the past several years is really hurting us right now not having any upperclassmen leadership to rely on.
It's not so much that these other teams are more talented it's just that they make less mistakes. 5 games in a row we will lose now, how many will it take for a change to happen?!!

It will be a miracle if we win 15 games this year.

Back