>>>>>>Oklahoma-Villanova Gameday Thread<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>Oklahoma-Villanova Gameday Thread<<<<<<

We'll either have to force contact going to the rim or hit our jump shots to score against Nova. They are the kind of team willing to give up open 3s to prevent dribble drives.

Is anyone else dissapponted in Manyangs rebounding? I really feel like he watches the ball a lot rather than blocking out and getting position. Kids a swat machine but he's too big and athletic not to be pulling down a TON of boards.

It seems like OU played a lot of people. I missed the first 10 minutes but I saw McNeace, Manyang, Walker and Odomes play. Did james play?

He and Walker were the first two subs I think (he did play though).

Yes. He missed an early shot and turned the ball over. Was in for Cousins the last 5 seconds of the half. Odomes has done well.

No Buford. Of the 3 young posts, Lattin is only one playing tough defense.

Not surprising. This is a top ten team at a neutral site. That is a lot to ask from a young guy. Lattin is the only one with much experience. The others will learn from this.

Would like to see Spangler get more touches on the block. Manyang too.

Mayang had a surprisingly nimble move. If he keeps that up, I am going to stop being surprised by those. Either way, I'd like to see if our posts can get anything done. In the very few chances they had in the first half it worked pretty well.

Is anyone else dissapponted in Manyangs rebounding? I really feel like he watches the ball a lot rather than blocking out and getting position. Kids a swat machine but he's too big and athletic not to be pulling down a TON of boards.

He seems to spectate at times.

AK a liability on defense outside of lane. This is not his kind of game.

It's always a great thing when you aren't playing your best ball and are up 6. Guys need to work inside out. We were killing them from outside and glad Kruger adjusted once we went cold. Sent the guys inside and got the momentum back. It's in feasibly incouragimg to see Spangler using a couple of post moves. Would love for him to become a good guy to throw inside and go get a bucket. Definitely miss that about tashawn.

How is Roosevelt Jones still in college?

Buddy needs to finish at the rim. Not sure what he is thinking on a couple of those attempts. Be interesting to see LKs adjustments post half. Half court offense poor so far.

He seems to spectate at times.

Yep. He's hot great skills and becoming a good rebounder is probably the easiest thing to learn for a guy his size. He likes to score you can tell but he needs to work on the things that makes him a better TEAM player. Glad he's on our team though.

AK a liability on defense outside of lane. This is not his kind of game.

Tough when they run 4 guards. If he is in then you have to feed him and exploit the mismatch on the other end

What concerns me at this point in the season is we go through scoring droughts when jumpshots aren't falling because we don't have a legit low-post scoring threat yet. We have to account for those missed points by committee 1. easy buckets in transition 2. Drive and dish by our guards to create easy scoring opportunities for our post men 3. offensive rebounds and easy 2nd chance points . Another thing that feeding the post effectively can create is foul trouble for the opponent, and that's a part of the reason for the foul discrepancy right now. Good offense is supposed to work inside - out, not vice versa. Our defense is PHENOMENAL but the offense needs improvement. All things considered we are up by 6. BOOMER SOONER !

No Buford. Of the 3 young posts, Lattin is only one playing tough defense.

Probably his best half... blocking out a few times.

I'm guessing there's just no minutes for Buford based on the first half. Is he just not that good?

LK generally does not play guys in 2ns half who did not play in 1st

Tough when they run 4 guards. If he is in then you have to feed him and exploit the mismatch on the other end

We ought to be able to match up great with that. We've got enough guards to choke a horse. Or Atleast throw Bufford at the 4 and play him against their 4th guard

Wouldn't that let OU play Odomes at the four?

I am not sure I would want to be small against OU.

We need to do a better job getting into the lane and getting some 2 pt shots and some FTs.

LK generally does not play guys in 2ns half who did not play in 1st

I have never noticed that. I am going to pay attention to that and see if I concur.

Back