*****Oklahoma vs. Kansas Game Thread *****

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Source: SoonerSports.com

Teams: Oklahoma (13-13, 4-8) at No. 1/1 Kansas (26-1, 12-0)
Date: Monday, Feb. 22
Tip: 8:05 p.m. CST
Site: Lawrence, Kan. (Allen Fieldhouse)
Radio: Sooner Radio Network (KOKC 1520 AM in OKC; KMOD 97.5 FM in Tulsa; Sirius 90; XM 102)
TV: ESPN
Webcast: ESPN360.com
Series: Kansas leads 134-64

MONDAY'S GAME BASICS
Oklahoma (13-13 overall, 4-8 Big 12) will go for its first conference road win of the year when it plays at Kansas (26-1, 12-0) Monday at 8 p.m. CST. The Sooners, who are 1-7 in true road contests this season (0-6 in Big 12 play), will also be trying to snap a four-game losing streak. The Jayhawks, ranked No. 1 in both major top-25 polls, have won 12 straight games and are 17-0 at home. Monday’s game will air on the Sooner Radio Network with Bob Barry Sr. and Mike Houck calling the action. It will be televised by ESPN with Brent Musburger, Bob Knight and Holly Rowe announcing.

PREVIEWING KANSAS
Kansas (26-1 overall, 12-0 Big 12) is ranked No. 1 in both major polls and holds a three-game lead in the conference race. The Jayhawks, who are 17-0 at home on the year, have won 12 straight games after a 76-68 loss at Tennessee on Jan. 10. They own the nation’s longest home court winning streak (57 games) and are off to their best start since the 1996-97 season. In Big 12 play, KU leads the league in scoring offense (79.7), scoring defense (66.7), rebounding margin (+7.0), field goal percentage defense (.386) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.2).

Senior point guard Sherron Collins leads four Jayhawks who average double figures in points. Collins averages 15.0 points and a team-high 4.3 assists per game. He also leads the squad with his 53 3-pointers on the year (shooting .368) and his .854 free throw percentage. Freshman guard Xavier Henry averages 13.6 points and 4.2 rebounds per contest and has made 52 treys on the season (shooting .400). Sophomore forward Marcus Morris is shooting a team-high .568 from the field and contributes 12.8 points and 6.3 rebounds an outing. In league play, Morris scores a team-high 15.7 points a game. Junior center Cole Aldrich is averaging 11.6 points and team highs of 10.1 rebounds (ranks third in Big 12) and 3.8 blocked shots (ranks second) per outing.

Bill Self is 195-41 (.826) in his seventh year as Kansas’ head coach. He’s in his 17th year overall and is 402-146 (.734).

OU-KANSAS SERIES HISTORY
Kansas is the only Big 12 program with an all-time winning record against Oklahoma. The Jayhawks lead the series 134-64 and own a 68-16 advantage in Lawrence. Since the Big 12 was formed, OU is 4-13 against KU and 0-6 at Allen Fieldhouse. The Sooners’ last win in Lawrence came in 1993 (80-77). They have lost nine straight there since. Jeff Capel is 0-4 against Kansas as OU’s head coach.

LAST YEAR AGAINST THE JAYHAWKS
• Despite leading 22-8 midway through the first half, Oklahoma saw its 19-game home court winning streak halted by Kansas last Feb. 23, 87-78. Playing without would-be national player of the year Blake Griffin (concussion), OU was outscored 79-56 the rest of the way.

• The Sooners rallied from a 58-38 deficit with 10:40 left in the second half to draw within three points twice in the last four minutes.

• OU made six treys during a 33-16 run that made the score 74-71 (three by Cade Davis, two by Omar Leary, one by Willie Warren).

• Warren scored a team-high 23 points on 8-for-16 field goal, 3-for-6 3-point and 4-for-4 free throw shooting while adding three assists.

• Davis was 4-for-6 from 3-point range off the bench to finish with 12 points (tied for his second highest output of the year).

• Ryan Wright started in place of Griffin and played a season-high 26 minutes. He was 0-for-1 from the field and 0-for-5 from the foul line, but had a team-high seven rebounds.

• The Sooners made 11 treys on the night (their third most of the season) on 24 tries for a .458 mark. Their .462 field goal mark was their second best in defeat on the year.

• Sherron Collins and Tyshawn Taylor scored 26 each for Kansas, while Cole Aldrich registered 15 points and 20 rebounds.

This will be just like Chaminade over Virgina!

LMAO, just lol.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPza0-Glpo[/ame]

The Toupee is G!

I told my kids they are not be allowed to watch the game. Protect the young ones!

Sweet Baby Jesus there are still 10 mins left in this UConn game. By the time ESPN gets to our game we're going to be down 12-2. I'd at least like to see the opening tip when it's 0-0.

They really just called that a foul in UCONN West Va? Are you kinding me?
Double bonus already. Oh wait another foul.

I remember when Tim McCalester went crazy in Allen and was hitting shots from what seemed like half court, I was in the building when Ernie Abercrombe hit an improbable three to upset the hawkers. I was there when Jerrod Haas (sp) fell into the student section and Roy ran over there like an overprotective mother. I remember the next year there was tape on the floor where Haas had fallen. Do I believe in Miracles? yes I do. Do I think it will be tonight? no I don't.

I am afraid what might happen, but I do have hope that it won't.

Ha, that was kind of clever. The WVU guy that fouled out sat down when the UCONN guy was shooting and the students said "SIT DOWN!". He missed...

When was the last time the early game on Monday ended in the amount of time ESPN gives it?

Such a joke.

Back