***OU-Colorado Game Thread***

another rebound for Cade. Its a good thing he can do that

Free throw from CU is good

Cade makes a long challenged shot near the end of the shot clock. 22-21 CU

CU misses, Sooners rebound

Fitzgerald turns it over

Traveling not called, CU misses a long shot.

Fitz fouled inside, 5th team foul on CU

Sooners miss rebound by CU, OU knocks a ball away that would have been an easy fast break 2.

CU misses another long open 3. CU rebounds.

CU misses a well defended 2.

Fitz makes a mid range jumper 23-22 OU

CU travels, 4 straight defensive stops. Switch to the zone is working pretty good.

Clark nails a 3 26-22 OU.

CU misses a shot, didn't hit rim. CU player tries to pass but it goes out of bounds and the shot clock runs out. Final media timeout of the half. 3:52 left.

5 straight defensive stops by OU, 26-22 Sooners!

Colorado has played good ball so far this year, but right now both teams look really awful.

were has this defense been all year??
we would have been in alot more games this year playing this type of D

has capel brought someone into practice to help out with D??

Aside from the turnovers and some defensive lapses, I like what I'm seeing. Guys are hustling out there.

They're taking it to us right now on the boards, and sheesh, another turnover.

Very few substitutions so far. Newell and Washington played a few minutes but that's it.

Cade misses a well defended 3.

CU makes another easy 2. 26-24

Clark makes a mid range jumper 28-24, Clark has 7

CU misses a 3 but gets the rebound, misses a 3, OU gets the rebound.

Blair makes a nice 2 with good defense on him. 30-24

CU misses a shot badly but get a rebound and put back to go 30-26

Bad inbound pass ends up turning the ball over. CU ball.

Charging foul, Cade Davis takes the Charge

Pledger misses a 3.

Blocking foul called on Cade, but a good foul by Cade he would have had an easy 2. 46 seconds left in the half.

Has Oklahoma ever heard of the term "box out"?
When you see zone defenses they usually give up more offensive rebounds because they have to play in certain positions not where they can block out all the time. Plus teams shoot long 3s in zones which lead to long rebounds which usually favors the offense.

CU travels 28 seconds left.

Cade hits a 2 at the buzzer 32-26 OU at the half!

Alot of time left in the game, but if we are somehow to win this game...Who will be the first to piss on Colorado and say they arent any good?? My vote is on ABD to turn on his Buffs.

Cade had a big time rebound then was able to hit a turn around jumper just as the buzzer. That was incredible on both the rebound and the shot. Especially because momentum was taking Cade away from the basket.

Aside from the turnovers and some defensive lapses, I like what I'm seeing. Guys are hustling out there.

Totally agree. On the whole, that was a solid first half of basketball on both ends of the floor. A reduction in unforced turnovers and OU would be up by 10 or more. Terrific hustle play at the end to give us a 6 point lead, though.

Cade had a big time rebound then was able to hit a turn around jumper just as the buzzer. That was incredible on both the rebound and the shot. Especially because momentum was taking Cade away from the basket.

:clap:clap

Alot of time left in the game, but if we are somehow to win this game...Who will be the first to piss on Colorado and say they arent any good?? My vote is on ABD to turn on his Buffs.

No won't pee on CU, but I will say even if we win we still aren't very good.

Back