>>>>>>OU-Incarnate Word Gameday Thread<<<<<<

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
>>>>>>OU-Incarnate Word Gameday Thread<<<<<<

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=210521246

TUESDAY'S GAME BASICS
The No. 7/6 Sooners host the Incarnate Word Cardinals in the schools’ first-ever matchup on Tuesday, Nov. 24 inside the Lloyd Noble Center at 7 p.m. CT. OU, which went 24-11 last season (12-6 Big 12; T/2nd place) and advanced to the NCAA Sweet 16, is in its fifth season under head coach Lon Kruger. The Cardinals, coached by Ken Burmeister, went 18-11 last season and are 2-1 this season.

ON THE AIR
Tuesday’s contest will air on the Sooner Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM “The Franchise” in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa) with Toby Rowland and Scott Thompson announcing. The game will be televised by Sooner Sports TV (Fox Sports Southwest Plus) with Bob Carpenter, Billy Tubbs and Jessica Coody calling the action.

TICKETS
Tickets are available starting at $5 at the OU Athletics Ticket Office (800-456-4668) and online here. Lloyd Noble Center's north and east ticket windows will open at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday.

PREVIEWING INCARNATE WORD
Incarnate Word (UIW) is a private Catholic university (enrollment 9,940) whose main campus is located in San Antonio, Texas. UIW is a member of the Southland Conference.

UIW moved to Division I beginning with the 2013-14 academic year.

The Cardinals are led by Ken Burmeister, now in his 10th season with the school (166-91 record at UIW). He has posted nine straight winning seasons with the Cardinals and has led the school to two conference titles.

UIW is 2-1 on the young season. The team opened up the 2015-16 campaign with two home victories over Texas Lutheran (86-65) and Schreiner (73-49). The Cardinals dropped their last contest on the road against No. 21 Purdue (96-61).

Leading the Cardinals this season is forward Kyle Hittle, averaging a team-high 15.0 points. The senior is shooting 50.0 percent (8-16) from downtown. Sophomore guard Jontrell Walker (13.3 points, 3.7 rebounds) and senior guard Mitchell Badillo (10.0 points, 3.3 rebounds, 3.0 steals) have also helped lead UIW through three games.

Last season, UIW went on the road to upset Princeton and Nebraska in non-conference play.

The Sooners and Cardinals will meet for the first time ever on Tuesday night inside the Lloyd Noble Center. OU is 24-4 all-time against members from the Southland Conference.

GAMEDAY STORYLINES
The Sooners and Cardinals will meet for the first time ever on Tuesday night inside the Lloyd Noble Center. Oklahoma is a perfect 2-0 to begin the season, while Incarnate Word (located in San Antonio, Texas) is 2-1. It will be the second of four consecutive home games for the Sooners.

Tuesday’s contest marks the second consecutive matchup for the Sooners against a member of the Southland Conference. Oklahoma defeated SLC member McNeese State last Friday by an 85-56 final in its home opener. The Sooners will also host SLC member Central Arkansas on Dec. 3.

The Sooners look to build upon their defensive success of last season. In 2014-15, OU ranked 11th nationally by holding opponents to a collective .386 season field goal mark. It was the lowest OU opponent figure since the 1960-61 season. In two games this season, Oklahoma is holding its opponents to just 34.0 (49-144) percent shooting, including 23.5 (12-51) percent from 3-point range.

OU returns 75 percent of its scoring, 69 percent of its rebounding and 83 percent of its assists from last season’s NCAA Sweet 16 squad. Picked to finish second in the Big 12 by league coaches, the Sooners return four starters, including 2015 Big 12 Player of the Year Buddy Hield.

Oklahoma is ranked No. 7 in the AP and No. 6 in the USA Today Coaches top-25 preseason polls. The No. 7 AP ranking is the highest for the Sooners since the conclusion of the 2008-09 season (also finished No. 7).

Re: >>>>>>OU-Incarnate Word Gameday Thread<<<<<<

Fans in attendance: o/u 999.5

5-0 OU. Spangler with a 3

10-0 run to start before IW scored a 3. Buddy and Spangs with 5 a piece.

12-3 Woodard with a steal and a bucket.

Spangler's got 3 outside jumpers. 14-5 OU first media timeout.

Incarnate Word are not getting good shots. I know we are a lot better than them, but our defense is pretty smothering. The fouls are my only concern.

Well board went dead for about 10 minutes there. 26-12 OU.

We're really seeing what Spangler can do against a team that isn't ready for his physicality. He's just racking up points and boards early.

OU is up 26 - 12. Some freshmen coming in.

I like what I'm seeing so far. Defense is solid, shots are going down, and we're making taking care of the ball by making good decisions. Not much to be critical about to this point of the game.

Manyang is now in. Young guys are all playing also. 26-16. Newcomers looking like it.

I am sad that I can't watch it in Houston. Was able to watch the home opener. Listening on the radio!

Manyang with points! And a free throw!

AK

Manyang with 7 points! Now he is playing guys almost a foot shorter than him. But he's showing a lot more offensively.

Loving the updates, guys. Thanks. Keep 'em coming!

I'm developing a Manyang crush!

Manyang with 7 points! Now he is playing guys almost a foot shorter than him. But he's showing a lot more offensively.

He's had some smooth moves.

AK with 7. I liked his 2nd basket with a little duck-under move.

Back