OU @ ISU 7pm CST ESPN2

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
MONDAY'S GAME BASICS
After earning back-to-back wins over TCU and Texas, Oklahoma (17-10, 5-9 Big 12) continues its march for towards madness with a Big Monday showdown in Ames against Iowa State (19-8, 8-6). The Sooners will look for a marquee win in a building it hasn't left with a victory in since 2011. The Cyclones stole a one-point win in Norman earlier this season, but have lost three of their four games since - including two inside Hilton Coliseum. A Sooner win would be their first three-game winning streak since conference play began.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211792458

would be a huge road win ..

SERIES HISTORY: IOWA STATE

OU leads the overall series against ISU, 116-88, but the Cyclones hold a 52-37 advantage for games played in Ames.

The Sooners are looking for their first win at Hilton Coliseum since 2011.

The Cyclones escaped Norman with a one-point win earlier in February, defeating the Sooners 75-74.

Oklahoma's Coach Kruger is 6-12 vs. Iowa State, and his Sooners have not won a game in Ames.

Iowa State is a 9-Point favorite.
http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/odds/las-vegas/

I think the season comes down to this and/or the KU game. As badly as we play in Manhattan, the odds of winning there on Senior Day for Brown, Wade, and Stokes are slim at best. I wish ISU wasn't coming off two losses, because given their bipolar personality, I expect to see their good version tonight. Given our history in Ames, one thing I know is that no lead, no matter how big, is safe!

I think the season comes down to this and/or the KU game. As badly as we play in Manhattan, the odds of winning there on Senior Day for Brown, Wade, and Stokes are slim at best. I wish ISU wasn't coming off two losses, because given their bipolar personality, I expect to see their good version tonight. Given our history in Ames, one thing I know is that no lead, no matter how big, is safe!

I expect ISU to make something like 20 3 pointers tonight.

isu - more than likely a loss

wv - hopefully win

ku - prob a loss

ksu - loss

After giving up a 17 pt lead (I think that's what the tv said) to ut and having to block a 3 pt shot with 1 sec to secure the win I'm not counting on anything (like I did anyways...lol)

ut was without Roach, which honestly if he'd played not sure we would have won the game We would have won the 1st half...we couldn't miss but to let them back in like they did...the Jekyll/hyde team showed again.

IF by chance we get up on ku we cannot give up any lead. I was really surprised the way it went sat for them in lubbuck. Granted tt couldn't miss...either half.

ksu...they'll have the Big 12 title on the line and 3 Sr's, enough said.

Just going to "enjoy" the game tonight...hopefully.

Boomer~

Of the 11 players in the Big 12 averaging at least 10 points and six rebounds, three play for the Sooners. Oklahoma is the only team in the conference with multiple players averaging 10 and six as its roster features Christian James (15.5 points, 6.9 rebounds), Brady Manek (11.7, 6.4) and Kristian Doolittle (10.1, 6.6). OU leads the Big 12 in rebounding with 38.7 boards per game.

crazy we are 5-9...course more to it than that...but man.

Of the 11 players in the Big 12 averaging at least 10 points and six rebounds, three play for the Sooners. Oklahoma is the only team in the conference with multiple players averaging 10 and six as its roster features Christian James (15.5 points, 6.9 rebounds), Brady Manek (11.7, 6.4) and Kristian Doolittle (10.1, 6.6). OU leads the Big 12 in rebounding with 38.7 boards per game.

Offensive efficiency is mediocre overall.

I would love to see the (+ / - ) on OU's two inside guys yesterday. Seems to me, when Manek and Doolittle were on the floor, OU was significantly better. UT's comeback started with McNease and Freeman playing at the same time. We got killed in the paint and on the boards, while our offense, which essentially runs through Doo now, went quiet.

Love LK, but sometimes he plays too many people. Kelvin and Billy never fell victim to that theory. :)

Love that stat, think OU needs to play those guys more.

I would love to see the (+ / - ) on OU's two inside guys yesterday. Seems to me, when Manek and Doolittle were on the floor, OU was significantly better. UT's comeback started with McNease and Freeman playing at the same time. We got killed in the paint and on the boards, while our offense, which essentially runs through Doo now, went quiet.

Love LK, but sometimes he plays too many people. Kelvin and Billy never fell victim to that theory. :)

Love that stat, think OU needs to play those guys more.

I remember going to a coach's clinic in KC and Sampson was there...Hollis Price played at the time. The one thing he said...

"basketball is not an equal opportunity sport"...you have scorers, re-bounders, defenders...etc....do YOUR job. If you are NOT a scorer...don't shoot. lol..

I think we will play OK. Comes down to which ISU team shows up. I suspect it will be the good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang. Odomes just shot it over the backboard

Terrible forced shot from Manek

4-2 at under 16. Hope ISU keeps missing the 3s

All you Calixte lovers are going to get your wish now. I don't foresee this going well.

Back