Rotnei Clarke

Tony

Reaction score
Going off

10-12 from 3-pt range, 13 minutes left

LOL. Kid is awesome. I absolutely love him and Keiton Page.

OU would have won the National Title last year with Rotnei Clarke.

Rotnei now has 50 points!

Juco transfer Jamel Farmer has 29 points for Arkansas, btw.

Wonder who'd win in horse, him or Page?

Nevermind, didn't realize he had 50. Damn.

knowing both kids and having my 7th grade AAU team spanked by them in the same backcourt I can tell you that they shoot the ball equally well. Clarke is better at getting his shot off.

knowing both kids and having my 7th grade AAU team spanked by them in the same backcourt I can tell you that they shoot the ball equally well. Clarke is better at getting his shot off.

I have seen play since elementary school and I would argue that last point.

I think Page is better with the ball in his hands and doesn't force shots like Rotnei does many times.

Both are good guards. Looks like Rotnei will have to handle the load with so many guys suspended for a while.

I think Page is better with the ball in his hands and doesn't force shots like Rotnei does many times.

Both are good guards. Looks like Rotnei will have to handle the load with so many guys suspended for a while.

two great players from our state. Page is the # 3 option when his ankle heals. OSU will make another tourney run with page being a huge part of it.

two great players from our state. Page is the # 3 option when his ankle heals. OSU will make another tourney run with page being a huge part of it.

Every team makes the league tourney in basketball. I think you're referring to baseball.

Every team makes the league tourney in basketball. I think you're referring to baseball.

I think he meant, NCAA tourney. But I can see how one can make your connection. By the way. Welcome to OUHOOPS! I'm glad to see a new member! Feel free to post all you like!

You'd be arguing with yourself. Both struggle at getting their own shot, quite frankly, Rotnei catches and shoots and can navigate the wing and has a quicker release. Page is a better ballhandler but can't create his shot off of the dribble. He pacified this in high school by using a dribble move and pulling up from 30ft away. He can't do that on this level. Also, most of Page's three point shots were straight ahead threes where he would bring the ball up and just pull up. Catching and shooting from the wing was an adjustment for him last year.

I played against them in 7th and 8th grade too. They were awesome then. I remember talking with a friend on my team about how they were probably going to go D1. And, of course they both do. And are producing for their respective teams.

It was an incredible night for Rotnei. He scored 51 points, which broke a 36 year old single game school record, and also broke an SEC record with thirteen three pointers.

I've said it since we moved on from Rotnei, that he'd be a kid we wish we had. I know that the story is that he and WW didn't want to play together, and that is fine, you just about have to take WW in that case, but shooters like Clarke don't come around every day. It is very nice to have Pledger, and his height and other skills probably make him better than Rotnei, but it'd sure be nice to have them both.

Oh, and hopefully this will shut up the fans that said he couldn't be successful at this level.

I've said it since we moved on from Rotnei, that he'd be a kid we wish we had. I know that the story is that he and WW didn't want to play together, and that is fine, you just about have to take WW in that case, but shooters like Clarke don't come around every day. It is very nice to have Pledger, and his height and other skills probably make him better than Rotnei, but it'd sure be nice to have them both.

Oh, and hopefully this will shut up the fans that said he couldn't be successful at this level.

I do not think anyone did not think he could not shoot the ball at the d-1 level. It was the rest of his game that he did not have that is why people did not think he would be bigtime at the d-1 level.

I do not think anyone did not think he could not shoot the ball at the d-1 level. It was the rest of his game that he did not have that is why people did not think he would be bigtime at the d-1 level.

He won't be big time. Doesn't mean he can't have a good amount of success.

He won't be big time. Doesn't mean he can't have a good amount of success.

He's got a NBA chance. He differs from Page by the fact he has range from 35ft out. He's not 6'4 like Reddick, but he's about 6'0-6'1. He's not going to be able to create his own shot, but on a team with a guy like Kobe and Lebron, all he has to do is sneak around when those guys have the ball and spot up.

That quote is credited to Steve Pledger who has a monster basketball IQ.

Hey guys, Is Rotnei Clarke any relation to the Cassi Clarke that plays at Claremore right now?

Back