#21 OU @ #12 Baylor 8pm CST on ESPN2

Can’t make that switch mistake. Los has to get back in front of his man.

Offense just has little answer. Need to make some slash plays and hit the open 3s.

3 pt shooting

Ou 3/12

Bu 5/9

They are winning on those strengths… ou best def 3 pt %
Bu best shooting 3 %

Porter doing nothing. We look like a grade school attacking their zone. Moore should be feasting. But we have no plan. Game
Have you watched the game? He's tried multiple things. He's played lineups with 5 shooters, 4 guards and one big, they've tried to overload the zone, ran plays to get a corner 3 to name a few.

As Boulder mentioned, this is just a bad matchup. We need guys like Moore and Oweh to defend the 3pt line, but they also happen to be the worst players to attack this zone that are in the rotation.

Defense has been disappointing. Way too many open looks from 3 for them.

Have you watched the game? He's tried multiple things. He's played lineups with 5 shooters, 4 guards and one big, they've tried to overload the zone, ran plays to get a corner 3 to name a few.

As Boulder mentioned, this is just a bad matchup. We need guys like Moore and Oweh to defend the 3pt line, but they also happen to be the worst players to attack this zone that are in the rotation.
Yes the ball touched the corners twice.. Not attaching the middle at all. Saw 1 screen on the top guy one time.

Call it kneejerk, but I'm over Oweh
Not knee jerk at all. He has been awful for a long time now.

To steal an old line, our offense has been terrible, but we’ve made up for it with bad defense. I’m sure the scouts there to watch the Baylor guys are drooling over us.

Too many easy shots for them came because we had stupid turnovers and couldn’t get set on D. But I don’t have a lot of confidence our O will get going.

On that play where Oweh got forearm shivered all the way to the basket, he has to find a way to plant his feet and topple, and hope the call the foul correctly.

i mean OU would have to touch them to commit a foul .... it has been mostly ... ... non existent ..
You made a comment about bu not getting called for a foul in 9 min… most folks know playing zone def really slows fouls on the def end being called, especially when it forces a team to shoot outside.. OU isn’t driving the ball equals no fouls being called.

But I’m sure you know that.

Just responding since you quoted me. 👍🏻

I thought the consensus before the game was that it’s a good matchup because they rely on threes and that’s what we are best at taking away.

Well the buttkicking has commenced.....but anyone who genuinely expected to win this game was off their meds based upon what we've seen in conference play. This halfcourt offense is just so inconsistent/bad to begin with, and that along with TOs and playing at a slow pace just eliminates any chance you have against an elite scoring team. Baylor is NOT a juggernaut on defense by any means (#67 in defensive efficiency)....they are 4th worst in the conference. But man, we are sure making them look good on defense.....sigh.

Make no mistake......in case anyone was wondering what NBA guards look like.....one team has them.

Well the buttkicking has commenced.....but anyone who genuinely expected to win this game was off their meds based upon what we've seen in conference play. This halfcourt offense is just so inconsistent/bad to begin with, and that along with TOs and playing at a slow pace just eliminates any chance you have against an elite scoring team. Baylor is NOT a juggernaut on defense by any means (#67 in defensive efficiency)....they are 4th worst in the conference. But man, we are sure making them look good on defense.....sigh.

Make no mistake......in case anyone was wondering what NBA guards look like.....one team has them.
Yeah, the longer the season goes it is becoming apparent that OU’s guards are just not good enough..again. Maybe you can blame some of it on Moser’s offense but they just seem a level below the top half of the conference.

Not prepared
Curious… I haven’t watched bu much but the OU guys said they’ve been running zone def more since man def isn’t their strongest D.

Have they run THIS zone def… whatever it is… or is this new. Not questioning your comment just IF they’ve been running THIS zone def … moser should be.

If they were prepared they would execute
Incorrect. Preparedness gets you in the right position. Execution is getting the ball to those positions. We have guys in the right positions, we are not getting the ball where it needs to be.

Yeah, the longer the season goes it is becoming apparent that OU’s guards are just not good enough..again. Maybe you can blame some of it on Moser’s offense but they just seem a level below the top half of the conference.
Uzan is really good! He just isn’t aggressive and he needs to be more selfish

Back