Graham Colton to Perform at OU-Kansas State Game

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully this is better than OSU's song they debuted a couple years ago.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/010912aaa.html

Colton to Perform at OU-Kansas State Game

Oklahoma native to perform "We Are One" at halftime on Saturday, Jan. 14.
Graham Colton

NORMAN, Okla. -- Singer, songwriter and Oklahoma native Graham Colton will perform his new Sooners tribute song "We Are One" live at halftime of the Oklahoma-Kansas State men's basketball game on Jan. 14. The game will tip off at 12:30 p.m. CT.

While touring for his latest album, "Pacific Coast Eyes," Colton met with the OU Athletics Department about writing a song that conveys what it means to be an Oklahoma Sooner.

"I am very excited about how 'We Are One' turned out," said Colton. "I tried to capture what being a Sooner meant to me. Oklahoma is a special place to a lot of people. This feeling stays with you and I hope 'We Are One' conveys this feeling to OU fans worldwide. I look forward to performing for the fans at the Kansas State game."

"We are very excited to have Graham at the Lloyd Noble Center," said OU head men's basketball coach Lon Kruger. "It is our goal to provide a great fan experience at all of our games and Graham's song will help to make January 14th another special day at Lloyd Noble Center."

Colton has been on tour with the likes of John Mayer, Maroon 5, OAR, Dave Matthews Band, Train, The Wallflowers and pop superstar Kelly Clarkson. Colton's single "Best Days" became the exit music for American Idol, was used in a year-end commercial for HBO and was chosen by Oprah Winfrey for her "Big Give" television specials.

Colton's first album,"Here Right Now," debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard New Artist Chart and No. 4 on the iTunes Pop Chart, and led to him being asked to perform on television shows such as "Ellen," "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," "The Late Show with David Letterman," "The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson," "The Today Show" and "Live! With Regis & Kelly."

Fans can look for the single "We Are One" by Graham Colton on iTunes starting on Jan. 10.

Tickets for the Jan. 14 game vs. Kansas State are on sale now (while supplies last) at SoonerSports.com and the OU Athletics Ticket Office at (800) 456-GoOU.

Kruger likes Graham Colton, Capel likes Jay-Z.

Give me Capel.

Well, I don't believe it's intended to become a song to be sung at all events as the Cowgirl song was until it was slapped down by fans. This is a good song and well done. Congrats to Colton!

Not a fan of these songs specifically written for a team, fanbase, etc. I'd prefer to co-opt a song. But the kid DOES have a good voice.

I prefer a band like the Dead Schembechlers

I do not even know who this person is.

Back