Harrison Barnes plans official to OU!

hoopmaster

Reaction score
Looks like he'll be in Norman on October 3!

From Zagsblog.com

Harrison Barnes is set to take an official to Oklahoma Oct. 3, according to a source. That would be a big weekend for the Sooners if Doron Lamb also comes

Oh wow! Do we really have a LEGITAMITE chance with this kid...I know anything can happen when we get a visit, but a real chance? I dont think we have much of a chance, I think we do with lamb though and those two on the seem weekend could put pressure on lamb to commit

I'm not sure what kind of chance we actually have with Barnes, but getting him on campus is the first step... It doesn't hurt having Lamb with him... I do not put anything past Capel though

:clap Go get them, Coach!

Strange to anyone else that he is doing this on a non-home football weekend?

:OUbball-logo:

My question is with Clark's commitment, how much does that play into Barnes decision? Does it hurt? Does it help?

My question is with Clark's commitment, how much does that play into Barnes decision? Does it hurt? Does it help?

I don't know for sure or anything, but I'm guessing Barnes isn't too worried about returning starters, other freshmen or anything else having to do with playing time...

I would rather have clark (good thing he has already committed!) But barnes would be a awsome get

I don't know for sure or anything, but I'm guessing Barnes isn't too worried about returning starters, other freshmen or anything else having to do with playing time...

Exactly. In fact it probably HELPS OU. Barnes ain't worried about anyone beating him out. My guess is he'd love to play with Clark or Lamb because that increases OU's chances of winning. If Barnes was worried about other players and his personal stats he wouldn't have the list he has. He'd have a bunch of schools where he could be the man.

I'm not sure what kind of chance we actually have with Barnes, but getting him on campus is the first step... It doesn't hurt having Lamb with him... I do not put anything past Capel though

I have heard from more than one person that Oklahoma is the "darkhorse" in the race. The popular opinion is that Barnes is going to choose between North Carolina and Duke, but coach Capel has developed an extremely good relationship with both Harrison and his mother. The Sooners are certainly a player. I'd still put my money on the other boys, but as they say... get him on campus and see what happens, and Capel has done that.

I have heard from more than one person that Oklahoma is the "darkhorse" in the race. The popular opinion is that Barnes is going to choose between North Carolina and Duke, but coach Capel has developed an extremely good relationship with both Harrison and his mother. The Sooners are certainly a player. I'd still put my money on the other boys, but as they say... get him on campus and see what happens, and Capel has done that.

That is fantastic! Thanks, Henzo, for the additional info!

I still can't believe Doron Lamb and Harrison Barnes are, potentially, going to be here on the same visit! (Is it official for both yet? or is this all speculation? I thought Lamb's was officially announced already?)

Capel is flat blowing up. It is amazing to watch just getting visits from all these kids is amazing.

UNBELIEVABLE! It's unbelieveable to me that this kid is even visiting Norman after the Cameron Clark commit.

Sheesh. Capel sets his goals high. I love it.

2010-2011 Sooners

PG: Tommy Mason-Griffin (MCDAA)
SG: Cameron Clark (MCDAA)
SF: Harrison Barnes (MCDAA)
PF: Tiny Gallon (MCDAA)
C: Andrew Fitzgerald (Jordans AA)

or...

PG: Tommy Mason-Griffin (MCDAA)
SG: Cameron Clark (MCDAA)
SF: Harrison Barnes (MCDAA)
PF: Terrence Jones (MCDAA)
C : Tiny Gallon (MCDAA)

By going after all these bigtime guys there are about 5 different ways to have a lineup full of All-Americans. Ray McCullum could be one as well.

Back