More practice video posted today on SoonerSports.com

In case anyone is interested here are some of my thoughts from the video:
I think Croc & Drew looked really good and really stood out to me. Until now I wouldn't have said that Andrew Fitzgerald would have a big impact for us this season, but I really think he will now. He looks less undersized than people have claimed, he elevates well and seems to be in position most of the time. Croc just seems to look really comfortable out there. I think it is hard to overrate the importance his senior leadership will play. I should point out Croc made a bad pass at one point that Cade picked off.

Some notes I have on other people:

TMG - I know it is said a lot, but he really can stop and elevate on his jump shot which will go a long way in making up for his size.

Ryan Wright - He seems to get out of position occasionally which may get him in foul trouble, but look for him to be much improved this season. His face up game looked good.

Big O - seemed good at finishing around the net though he could use some hands work.

Tiny - He seems to have exceptional hands for someone his size (which is smaller everyday, he may actually earn his nickname).

Cade - Looked like the defensive MVP of the 5 minute video (FWIW). He had 2 steals and no seemed to score on him.

It is really awesome that they are providing fans with the opportunity to watch these videos and get the information they put on the new OU hoops blog. They don't have to do that, in fact most schools don't, and it could be a really great way to promote Oklahoma basketball.

That said, it is absolutely nuts that there is no RSS feed or no way to read the blog in something like google reader. Remembering to check soonersports.com every day is not something most people are going to do. I know they want hits on their site, but the tradeoff for what the basketball program would receive from a successful viral marketing campaign would way more than offset that, and really, these days there are tons of ways to monetize RSS feeds. It takes 10 minutes to set up a WordPress blog.

Last edited:
It is really awesome that they are providing fans with the opportunity to watch these videos and get the information they put on the new OU hoops blog. They don't have to do that, in fact most schools don't, and it could be a really great way to promote Oklahoma basketball.

That said, it is absolutely nuts that there is no RSS feed or no way to read the blog in something like google reader. Remembering to check soonersports.com every day is not something most people are going to do. I know they want hits on their site, but the tradeoff for what the basketball program would receive from a successful viral marketing campaign would way more than offset that, and really, these days there are tons of ways to monetize RSS feeds. It takes 10 minutes to set up a WordPress blog.

Yep. They really should set-up an RSS feed. The whole point of it is to promote the sports and an RSS accomplishes that. That being said there are ads on the site and I assume they want to keep it self-sufficient.

Back