OU @ osu 8pm CST on ESPNU

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1615422866228645889?s=20&t=xQPJG3hOArf9bPlayujVew[/TWEET]
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1615503567095304193?s=20&t=xQPJG3hOArf9bPlayujVew[/TWEET]

NORMAN – Oklahoma travels to Stillwater, Okla., for Bedlam against Oklahoma State on Wednesday, Jan. 18. Tip is scheduled for 8 p.m. (CT) inside Gallagher-Iba Arena.

Wednesday's game against the Cowboys will be broadcast on ESPNU with Ted Emrich and King McClure on the call. Fans may also listen on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing.

https://soonersports.com/news/2023/1/17/mens-basketball-mens-hoops-set-for-bedlam-in-stillwater

OU +2.5 O/U 128.5

I always take a look at KenPom to see where the team OU faces ranks. It was interesting to see that OSU has the 137th ranked offense, but the 9th ranked defense. If OU can limit turnovers and rebound well to limit second chance points for OSU, I like our chances. Make OSU score in the halfcourt and keep them to one possession at a time.

Just win baby win!

Limit fast break points. make them play 1/2 court.

Turnovers are the key. This feels like a slug fest 60-59 type game to me. Cmon Sooners! Boooomer!

Rebounding seems to be the one area where they have a statistical advantage over us. We’ve given up killer offensive boards late in most our losses, so let’s hope we have learned that lesson.

Rebounding seems to be the one area where they have a statistical advantage over us. We’ve given up killer offensive boards late in most our losses, so let’s hope we have learned that lesson.

More Godwin and less Groves during crunch time, might help with this. TBH, Groves will probably be in foul trouble anyway. :facepalm

If Sherfield can get his shot consistently and OU gets some contribution from J Groves, Bijan or CJ - then OU can win. I agree with not giving OSU easy buckets as they struggle to shoot.

Limit live-ball turnovers and make open shots and I believe OU wins.

Out on a limb, CJ scores 12 points tonight.

More Godwin and less Groves during crunch time, might help with this. TBH, Groves will probably be in foul trouble anyway. :facepalm

If Sherfield can get his shot consistently and OU gets some contribution from J Groves, Bijan or CJ - then OU can win. I agree with not giving OSU easy buckets as they struggle to shoot.

Limit live-ball turnovers and make open shots and I believe OU wins.

Out on a limb, CJ scores 12 points tonight.

Groves is a better rebounder and a better defender then Sam

a way way way better defensive rebounder

I always take a look at KenPom to see where the team OU faces ranks. It was interesting to see that OSU has the 137th ranked offense, but the 9th ranked defense. If OU can limit turnovers and rebound well to limit second chance points for OSU, I like our chances. Make OSU score in the halfcourt and keep them to one possession at a time.

Pretty much sums up OSU basketball. Tall athletes who hustle, play hard and can’t shoot a lick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Groves is a better rebounder and a better defender then Sam

a way way way better defensive rebounder

^^^This, 100 percent.

For the life of me, I can't fathom why anyone would imply that Godwin is a better rebounder than Groves. I love Sam's contributions, by the way, and believe he should be put on scholarship immediately (if he's not already).

^^^This, 100 percent.

For the life of me, I can't fathom why anyone would imply that Godwin is a better rebounder than Groves. I love Sam's contributions, by the way, and believe he should be put on scholarship immediately (if he's not already).

Might be accurate as I was really thinking about overall rebounding, which Godwin's offensive rebounding numbers, really improve his overall rebounding numbers.

Might be accurate as I was really thinking about overall rebounding, which Godwin's offensive rebounding numbers, really improve his overall rebounding numbers.

Yep. I believe Sam's ability to get in position to secure offensive boards is probably one of his biggest strengths.

Pretty much sums up OSU basketball. Tall athletes who hustle, play hard and can’t shoot a lick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OSU has a great group of athletes for sure....I think OSU is superior athletically but OU has better basketball players. It's a toss up to see which prevails, imo.

sam is a better offensive rebounder .. (i would argue that part of that is due to his bad defense)

for reference Godwin has an ORB of 17% DRB of 17.3% overall TRB 16.7%
Tanner has an ORB of 5.1% DRB of 29.9% overall TRB of 18.7%

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1615862605863849985[/TWEET]

Another winnable game but it will require doing all the little things right down the stretch to get the W. Still in the first half of conference play but probably one of the games we look back at when we hear the news of whether we make the tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The numbers definitely show that Tanner is the better defensive rebounder. I think some of us are just scarred by some critical moments where he has given up offensive boards late in games. We usually think of offense when we think about execution, but it also applies to defense and rebounding and loose balls. You can’t slack off for even one possession in these close games.

nice jacob

lots of contact allowed on that drive ... need to call it that way on both ends

Back