OU vs ISU 6pm CST on ESPN2

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
need this one
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1610333623202492417?s=20&t=cIjRmGFxEfryKiSxD-KqRw[/TWEET]

NORMAN – Oklahoma continues its homestand to open Big 12 play with a Wednesday, Jan. 4 matchup against No. 25/25 Iowa State. Tip is scheduled for 6 p.m. CT at Lloyd Noble Center.

Wednesday's game against the Cyclones will be broadcast on ESPN2 with Chuckie Kempf and King McClure on the call. Fans may also listen on the Sooner Sports Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Varsity Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing.

https://soonersports.com/news/2023/1/3/mens-basketball-sooners-cylcones-set-for-midweek-clash

OU - 3.5 O/U 127.5

Last edited:
feels like a must win if you want to finish above .500 in conference

feels like a must win if you want to finish above .500 in conference

It's hard to even see us finishing .500, let alone above .500.

Glad to see him mention Tanner's bad fouls. Now we have to hope the message sinks in. It's interesting hearing him describe ISU as such a physical, strong team, since they were mainly a skilled, wide open team for so many years under the previous coaching staffs.

It's hard to even see us finishing .500, let alone above .500.

Glad to see him mention Tanner's bad fouls. Now we have to hope the message sinks in. It's interesting hearing him describe ISU as such a physical, strong team, since they were mainly a skilled, wide open team for so many years under the previous coaching staffs.

OU just played with and almost beat one of the favorites for the final 4 ..

a team that beat the Zags by 30 ...

and you think we have no hope?

OU just played with and almost beat one of the favorites for the final 4 ..

a team that beat the Zags by 30 ...

and you think we have no hope?

If they start counting "almost wins" as wins, sure, we could probably win 15 games in the league. But seeing as how we dumped a home game to Sam Houston, who is far worse than any team in the Big 12, and couldn't beat a bad Villanova team (again, worse than any Big 12 team), I don't see it. To finish 10-8, having already lost a home game, would be so far above and beyond what this team has shown so far. We have zero Q1 wins thus far. Start winning some of these close games, and doing in consistently, and then we can think about .500.

I don’t see 10-8 but I am still hopeful for 9-9. To make that I think we must win this game and still obviously get better to win a few tough road games plus probably beat KU at home. Less than 50% odds to do that but still my hope.

On the other hand it feels like the wheels might fall off if we lose this game. I suspect we can lose one more home game and still have hope for 9-9 but I don’t think it can be this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t understand the negativity here -and that’s coming from a guy who screamed negativity after every game that last few year’s of Sherri’s crumbling legacy.

There isn’t a game on the schedule, in my opinion, that we can’t win.

The only questions really are can we and will we.

We have the players. We have the coaches. We are over-all better and more stocked with ready-to-contribute players than we have been in years!

Go Ladies! Kick Butt tonight!

I don’t understand the negativity here -and that’s coming from a guy who screamed negativity after every game that last few year’s of Sherri’s crumbling legacy.

There isn’t a game on the schedule, in my opinion, that we can’t win.

The only questions really are can we and will we.

We have the players. We have the coaches. We are over-all better and more stocked with ready-to-contribute players than we have been in years!

Go Ladies! Kick Butt tonight!

Ummm ya COULD OU win against everyone… sure. Unfortunately there’s a big difference between could and can.

Obviously we’ll be dogs in every road game… and prob about half our home games. I’ll take the under big time for .500.

The ladies have done well… nice to see the comeback tonight after being down 21-5.

Unless the Soons get more production from guards not named Sherfield I don't see more than four or five wins in conference. And that has more to do with how dang tough the conference is. I say this super willing to eat crow if I'm wrong.

But I will cheer them on regardless!

After seeing K-State beat Texas in Austin, which game except possibly Okie State in Norman would you rank OU as a clear favorite to win in conference?

After seeing K-State beat Texas in Austin, which game except possibly Okie State in Norman would you rank OU as a clear favorite to win in conference?

I don’t think we’ll be a “clear” favorite in any; the league doesn’t have any doormats that we will be expected to handle with ease. We’ll be betting favorites in several home games (including tonight) unless the wheels completely fall off, but the spreads will be very close.

Tonight is as big as it gets this early in the season. Lose this and we are staring at 0-4. Obviously we don’t win in Lawrence, and I see little chance Tech will lose consecutive home games after having their 29 game home winning streak snapped last night.

Coming from the Wichita area for tonight's game.. pumped. We need this one!

Not a good start to this one.

Once Tanner has gained some experience, I’m sure he will learn to avoid early fouls.

Back