OU @ ISU 1pm CST on ESPN+

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1494706453638123520?s=20&t=luNCaHEzcsXX1Ab6MYWYaA[/TWEET]

NORMAN – Oklahoma (14-12, 4-9 Big 12) treks to Ames, Iowa to face Iowa State (17-9, 4-9 Big 12) Saturday, Feb. 19 at Hilton Coliseum.

The Sooners battled with No. 20 Texas Tuesday and dropped an overtime battle against the Longorns 80-78.

Oklahoma starters combined for 74 of OU's 78 points and were led by Elijah Harkless, who finished with 19 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Harkless tied his season high with five steals and added three rebounds in 41 minutes of action.

Jordan Goldwire tallied 18 points, Umoja Gibson 17 and Jalen Hill 16. Ethan Chargois wrangled a team-best nine boards in 29 minutes of action.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/2/18/mens-basketball-sooners-cyclones-set-for-clash-in-ames.aspx

To go Dancing, save some spectacular run in the Big 12 Tourney, we need to win 3 more conference games and maybe a Big 12 Tourney game.

@ISU - Beaten them once, and they are not a very good team.
@TT - I think we match up fairly well with them, but winning in Lubbock won't be easy.
OSU - We really need to win this game. We're the better team. It's in Norman.
WVU - Beaten them once on the road already. Another game we should win.
@KSU - Not a very good team. I feel like we should win this one.

Should win: OSU, WVU, @KSU
Can win: @ISU, @TT

Be nice to win one out of ISU/TT to get us rolling into the final three.

This team has played with KU twice. We've beaten several top 15 teams at the time. We tend to play to our competition which is what hurts us in winnable games, but also allows us to compete against teams that are probably better. We need to show up and play to OUR abilities over the next five games.

To go Dancing, save some spectacular run in the Big 12 Tourney, we need to win 3 more conference games and maybe a Big 12 Tourney game.

@ISU - Beaten them once, and they are not a very good team.
@TT - I think we match up fairly well with them, but winning in Lubbock won't be easy.
OSU - We really need to win this game. We're the better team. It's in Norman.
WVU - Beaten them once on the road already. Another game we should win.
@KSU - Not a very good team. I feel like we should win this one.

Should win: OSU, WVU, @KSU
Can win: @ISU, @TT

Be nice to win one out of ISU/TT to get us rolling into the final three.

This team has played with KU twice. We've beaten several top 15 teams at the time. We tend to play to our competition which is what hurts us in winnable games, but also allows us to compete against teams that are probably better. We need to show up and play to OUR abilities over the next five games.

ISU and KSU are both better than “not very good.” I’ll be shocked if we win both. Would probably settle for splitting those two, but think 0-2 is more likely than 2-0.

With Harkless out... well you can fill in the blanks.

As much as people have bashed Harkless on here you'd think this would not be a big deal.....I think it is huge. CJ's time to shine is upon us. I just don't see how Moser and the Boys can go dancing without EJ.

As much as people have bashed Harkless on here you'd think this would not be a big deal.....I think it is huge. CJ's time to shine is upon us. I just don't see how Moser and the Boys can go dancing without EJ.

It's no coincidence that we started playing better as a team when Harkless started playing better.

With EH out that really puts a damper on our ability… but we’ll see

Isu - underdog, especially there
Tt - underdog… size
Pokes - push
Wv- slight edge
Ksu - underdog… barely won and they had several guys out/lost time early due to Covid

With EH out that really puts a damper on our ability… but we’ll see

Isu - underdog, especially there
Tt - underdog… size
Pokes - push
Wv- slight edge
Ksu - underdog… barely won and they had several guys out/lost time early due to Covid

We had several key guys out against ksu too but just can’t remember who. I think we break the manhatten curse this year with Lon gone. Ol’ Bruce and his alma mater were his kryptonite. Tomorrow would be a massive, massive win.

I would really like to see Jacob Groves step up in the game today. He’s had some games early in the year when he really filled it up from the three-point line. He’s tall enough to get his shot off against anyone. Defensively is where we will really suffer with Elijah out.

We had several key guys out against ksu too but just can’t remember who. I think we break the manhatten curse this year with Lon gone. Ol’ Bruce and his alma mater were his kryptonite. Tomorrow would be a massive, massive win.

Tanner Jacob and Cortes.

I would really like to see Jacob Groves step up in the game today. He’s had some games early in the year when he really filled it up from the three-point line. He’s tall enough to get his shot off against anyone. Defensively is where we will really suffer with Elijah out.

Agreed.

I would also like to see them get him the ball down low he has a good feel inside and moves well without the ball.

Really want to see hill continue to attack the rim.

Hate losing Hark, he was playing well again. Hopefully this turns into everyone else stepping up.

I just posted, saying I didn't think he (Jacob Groves) was a Big 12 caliber player. I would love to be proven wrong today.

Agreed.

I would also like to see them get him the ball down low he has a good feel inside and moves well without the ball.

Really want to see hill continue to attack the rim.

Hill can be the difference maker for the team imo. He's got the athletic ability forsure.

He has made 10 3s all year and reached double digits twice.

Need to wait for the shot clock to go to 1 and let Jacob shoot the 3. That is when he seems to be at his best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back