OU vs #11 ISU 5pm CST on ESPNU

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET] https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/statu...79855965423943688|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=[/TWEET]

NORMAN – (RV/RV) Oklahoma (11-3, 1-1 Big 12) hosts (11/11) Iowa State (13-1, 1-1 Big 12) in its second home Big 12 game of the season Saturday, Jan. 8 at Lloyd Noble Center.

Oklahoma opened Big 12 play with a 71-69 victory at Lloyd Noble Center against Kansas State.

The Sooners played in only their second true road game of the season Tuesday, Jan. 4 in Waco against No. 1 Baylor, and fell to the defending national champions 84-74. OU narrowed the Baylor lead to five with under a minute to go, but were unable to stop BU's potent offense.

The Sooners were led by Tanner Groves 13 points against the Bears. Groves was joined in double figures by Jalen Hill (12), Umoja Gibson (12) and Ethan Chargois (10). Chargois is the only reserve to have scored in double figures multiple (twice) times this season.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/1/7/mens-basketball-ou-hosts-no-11-iowa-state-saturday.aspx

OU -6.5 O/U 129

Last edited:
This is not a must-win yet, but have to pick up these kinds of games at home if you want a chance to compete in the post-season.

PS - Predicting this is going to be the best big 12 tournament in the history of big 12 tournaments. 10 teams who could win three games in a row and take the title.

Might not be must-win but I will be disappointed if we don’t. ISU is good but so are we and it’s a great opportunity to win against a ranked team at home. Agree with Coach and hope that we get a decent crowd to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It may not be a must win, but it’s a really got to have it win. There’s not many paths to 8-9 wins without winning home games against teams not named ku or baylor. The margin for error is very thin.

I’m confident OU can win this game if we play well for 40 minutes, but I’m a little surprised we are favored by 6.5. Is Iowa State missing guys due to COVID protocols?

I know one thing. We can’t play hard on the boards and on defense in one half and take a half off. ISU will bring it from the opening tap. That’s why they’re 13-1 this season. We’ll win if we match their intensity from start to finish.

I’m confident OU can win this game if we play well for 40 minutes, but I’m a little surprised we are favored by 6.5. Is Iowa State missing guys due to COVID protocols?

ISU has played a pretty awful schedule, which is why the metrics don’t love them. But I’m surprised the line is that high, I would have guessed in the 3-4 range. I’ve not heard of them being shorthanded, I’m pretty sure they were full strength Wednesday against Tech.

Kind of what you’d expect so far. 10-6 at under 16.

It looks to me that Iowa State is the new West Virginia of the league with all of the hacking and slapping they do.

15-11 at under 12. Brockington is a scorer for them.

It looks to me that Iowa State is the new West Virginia of the league with all of the hacking and slapping they do.

It sure does seem they are getting by with a lot of body checks. OK by me as long as it works both ways.

21-18 at 8:10. Good timeout by Coach M. Last 3 shots have not been great looks and that one led to a fast break for them.

Offense has completely gone into a shell. Defense isn’t much better. Ugly.

Our defense is giving up WAY too many layups and open 3s.

Hadn't seen ISU play at all this year, they are impressive. Of course Brockington is carrying their offense, but the do pass and cut to the basket well.

Back