OU vs TCU 8pm CST on ESPN2

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1487882044210307080?s=20&t=l0gUoszQ8xr9zKpMpLyR7Q[/TWEET]

NORMAN – Oklahoma (13-8, 3-5 Big 12) returns to Big 12 play against TCU (14-4, 3-3 Big 12) Monday, Jan. 31 at Lloyd Noble Center.

The Sooners played their second AP No. 1 team of the season Saturday, Jan. 29 at Auburn in the Big 12/SEC Challenge. Oklahoma battled the entire contest but a late run by the Tigers propelled them to victory.

Jordan Goldwire tallied a career day against Auburn and finished with a career-best 19 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Goldwire added four assists, three rebounds and three steals. Umoja Gibson caught fire in the second half and scored 12 of his 14 points. Tanner Groves added 13 points and registered his first multi-block game (2) as a Sooner.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/...ooners-return-to-big-12-play-against-tcu.aspx

OU -5.5 O/U 127.5

Johnson officially out tonight. Awful timing given his recent play. I guess we just have to hope Harkless can be a reasonable facsimile of a D-1 player in his minutes. I hope CJ and Bijan play well and get the bulk of the bench minutes in the backcourt.

Johnson officially out tonight. Awful timing given his recent play. I guess we just have to hope Harkless can be a reasonable facsimile of a D-1 player in his minutes. I hope CJ and Bijan play well and get the bulk of the bench minutes in the backcourt.

if OU takes care of the ball they will win ..

if they don't it will be a dog fight ..

I hope Moser starts giving Gibson a little more of a green light.

Look, I know what Moser wants to do on offense, but he has to realize that he doesn't have the players to run his system yet. Gibson is our best shooter, and scorer from the guard spots. He needs to be given the green light to take a couple of quick, or rushed, or even bad shots a game, b/c we need him scoring the ball. Against Auburn, Moser was going to pull Gibson for taking a quick, but open and in rhythm 3 pointer. He sent Cortes to the table. Next possession Gibson pumps Kessler outside, and gets to the rim for a layup, and Moser has Cortes go back to the bench.

I'd also like to see us run more set plays to get Gibson open looks.

Look, I know what Moser wants to do on offense, but he has to realize that he doesn't have the players to run his system yet. Gibson is our best shooter, and scorer from the guard spots. He needs to be given the green light to take a couple of quick, or rushed, or even bad shots a game, b/c we need him scoring the ball. Against Auburn, Moser was going to pull Gibson for taking a quick, but open and in rhythm 3 pointer. He sent Cortes to the table. Next possession Gibson pumps Kessler outside, and gets to the rim for a layup, and Moser has Cortes go back to the bench.

That happened? LOL

Concur

I tend to agree. This isn’t Hoosiers. We need Moj taking ~10 3s a game.

Spot on, and I would also run set plays for Jacob Groves to get some catch and shoot 3s. We desperately need to build his confidence and need to find a second 3 pt shooter on this steam.

I agree but other teams are aware that he’s our best (only?) 3 point shooter so they just run him off the line. Occasionally he will make something happen off the dribble but not often.

Spot on, and I would also run set plays for Jacob Groves to get some catch and shoot 3s. We desperately need to build his confidence and need to find a second 3 pt shooter on this steam.
That was the second half plan.

First possession: drills an open 3 in rhythm.
Second possession: passes on open 3, "drives", and proceeds to bulldoze a guy in the lane for the easiest charge call in the history of the sport.

We just need players with better offensive skills and a lot of development of the kids coming back. I think the system is fine.

Against Auburn, the system got us a bunch of easy shots around the rim that our kids were intimidated from making but should have. We also got a bunch of good looks from a variety of players from the three line, and just didn't make very many. Mo got plenty of shots. He just didn't make many.

I thought we guarded pretty well too. I can't remember a game when a team made so many well guarded shots.

This is a good thread … well done, all! I’ve felt for two years that Mo pump fakes and then passes up too many threes. He did it last year, too, so I don’t think it is purely a coaching thing. Lon obviously gave all his shooters the green light. I think he gets hesitant because he has had some blocked, but it’s a fine line. There are so many good defenses in the Big 12 that a pretty good look early in the clock by Mo is likely going to be a better shot than what we will get if he passes on the shot. Against bad teams in the noncon, you can run your offense and probably get a great shot. That isn’t likely to happen, so he should let it fly unless time and score dictate otherwise.

I want Gibson to shoot more too. But I don't want him taking bad shots at all. Surely Moser has some double screens for a 3 in is huge playbook.

Harkless has a big game tonight. Double-digit scoring and zero turnovers......I am willing this into existence!

Harkless has a big game tonight. Double-digit scoring and zero turnovers......I am willing this into existence!

Harkless is a good player. Certainly not perfect, but neither is anyone else on the OU roster. He and Goldwire take more abuse here than they deserve. Here's hoping they both have good games tonight.

I believe we beat TCU and it won't be that close.

Jacob has a really good looking shot, but man, it just doesn't go in. Maybe a little flat? He's been playing better, so I'm hopeful he'll start shooting it better too.

That has about as good a chance of happening as my Bengals making the Super Bowl.....wait.....just.....a.....minute. :)

At this point I’m like wth… do whatever to get some shots

My take is he has a green light and takes anything he feels he has a chance to make. It's been that way all season, I expected a few hot streaks, maybe they're coming.

Back