||||||||||| OU vs. Texas Tech Gameday Thread ||||||||||

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211452257

SATURDAY'S GAME BASICS
At the midway point of conference play, Oklahoma (8-13, 2-7 Big 12) begins its second round of competition against its nine Big 12 opponents. First up for the Sooners is a Saturday evening contest with Texas Tech (15-7, 3-6 Big 12) in Lubbock, Texas. Oklahoma defeated the Red Raiders, 84-75, in the first meeting last month and looks to sweep Tech for the third time in the Lon Kruger era.

ON THE AIR
Saturday’s contest tips off at 6 p.m. CT and air on the Sooner Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM “The Franchise” in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing. The game will be televised nationally on ESPNU with Dave Armstrong and Bryndon Manzer calling the action.

FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
•A pair of rookie Sooners enter their first game of February coming off of an excellent January. Freshmen Kameron McGusty and Kristian Doolittle combined to average 27.1 points per game in the month of January, almost doubling their scoring output from the first month of the season (15.0 points per game in November).

• In his most recent outing, McGusty scored a career-high 22 points against Oklahoma State (Jan. 30). McGusty has totaled 20 points on three occasions this season – all within the past seven games. His three 20-point games are the most by an OU freshman since Jordan Woodard (also had three) in 2013-14. McGusty ranks second among all Big 12 freshmen in scoring during conference play with 15.8 points.

• McGusty enters Saturday with nine-straight games of scoring in double-figures. Should he score 10 or more points against the Red Raiders, McGusty will be the first Sooner freshman to string together 10 consecutive games of at least 10 points since Jeff Webster achieved a 22-game streak in 1990-91. Blake Griffin is the only other Sooner freshman in the past 25 years to reach nine-straight games.

• Junior forward Khadeem Lattin recorded a season-high six blocked shots against Oklahoma State on Monday. Lattin leads the Big 12 in blocked shots during conference play, registering 2.8 rejections per game (2.2 on the season). The junior averages 2.8 blocks per game against the Red Raiders in five previous meetings, including a career-high eight swats on Jan. 26, 2016.

• Oklahoma won the first meeting with Tech this season on Jan. 14, 84-75, at Lloyd Noble Center. The Sooners were boosted by a pair of 20-point performances from senior guard Jordan Woodard (27 points) and sophomore guard Rashard Odomes (24 points). Odomes shot 9-of-14 from the field en route to his career-high 24 points. The sophomore notched 17 points on 7-of-8 shooting in the opening half and rounded out his evening with eight rebounds and four assists in 35 minutes.

SERIES HISTORY
• Oklahoma owns a 38-22 lead in the all-time series. The Sooners have won seven of the last nine meetings, including an 84-75 victory earlier this season in Norman.

• Tech holds a 14-13 advantage when playing in Lubbock. Should the Sooners win, Lubbock would be the fourth Big 12 city that the Sooners hold a .500 record or better in - joining Fort Worth, Morgantown and Waco.

• The Sooners are 8-3 against Tech in the Lon Kruger era and hold a 3-2 record in Lubbock under Kruger.

no one here? lol...yeah don't blame anyone.

Honestly, I don't "expect" anything.

I am tired of our lack of an offense, besides the 3 man weave up top..then drive off pic and pass out or try lay-up.

Really want Doolittle and McGusty to take over, heck if our Sr and Jr won't take a leadership role they need to.

Yay, one of the few games I have been able to sit down and watch live. Not sure if anyone is still posting during games since it is a rough season. This has been a good day for XII road teams today

I'm on .... takes more than this to keep me from being a fan.

Yay, one of the few games I have been able to sit down and watch live. Not sure if anyone is still posting during games since it is a rough season. This has been a good day for XII road teams today

and the underdog...maybe it'll still be good!

They should have an All Big XII Geriatric team for guys who seem to have been on their team for 10 years ... the starting back court would be Ross & Forte

I'm on .... takes more than this to keep me from being a fan.

it's like a bad wreck...ya really don't want to see but ya just can't help it. LOL.

I am excited for those 2, Doo and McG...I think they will be really good, something to build one. I'd like to Shepard in more as well.

They should have an All Big XII Geriatric team for guys who seem to have been on their team for 10 years ... the starting back court would be Ross & Forte

lol...as much as I "hate" forte, I'd take him in a heartbeat

ugh..lattin...instead of good D ya want the damn block...jeeze, giving up too many off rebounds already

The sky is blue. Water is wet. Dante Buford jacking up a quick 3 on his first offensive touch of every game.

Back