BIG12 Championship OU vs TTech 8:30pm CST ESPN2

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_MBBall/status/1502300567930126336?s=20&t=J9KPd1uUpb-l5-LN8EKwrg[/TWEET]
NORMAN – No. 7 seed Oklahoma (18-14, 7-11 Big 12) continues its journey in the 2022 Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship Friday, March 11 against No. 3 seed Texas Tech (24-8, 12-6 Big 12) in the semifinal round at T-Mobile Center.

The Sooners earned the 72-67 victory over No. 2 seed Baylor Thursday night. Five Sooners finished in double figures and Jacob Groves led OU with season-high 15 points and nine rebounds.

Oklahoma recorded its fifth victory over a team ranked in the top 15 of the AP Poll Thursday and is tied with four other teams for the most top 15 wins during the 2021-22 season.

https://soonersports.com/news/2022/3/11/mens-basketball-ou-ttu-bat.aspx

OU +7 O/U 125.5

Last edited:
Hopefully we can keep up the hot shooting. Been fun watching J. Groves get his feet underneath him in recent weeks. Still not a great defender, but you can see his confidence soaring.

Hopefully we can keep up the hot shooting. Been fun watching J. Groves get his feet underneath him in recent weeks. Still not a great defender, but you can see his confidence soaring.

i think he is doing a better job using his length and size on D to make up for his lack of foot speed .. i am still very high on his future

Yesterday, the Vegas signs pointed in our favor. The line was 8.5, the public was betting Baylor, yet the line dropped to 7.5.

Today, the line is 7.5 which seemed a little high to me-- looks like public backing the Sooners. As a gambler advised people to take OU yesterday. Today, I'd advise Tech. Not a super strong play here for me and I of course will not bet against OU personally, but I'd say the smarter play here would be Tech -7.5 given the "follow the money" signs.

i think he is doing a better job using his length and size on D to make up for his lack of foot speed .. i am still very high on his future

I’m high on Jacob as well. But, even I would not have guessed he might be picked as the Player of the Game. It was good to see him having so much fun! I’m more convinced now than ever that he will be a real asset next season!

Need BigTime in here before tip off.

Agree. You can tell most of the time whether he is going to miss depending on whether he has truly squared up. His ability to make is and will be huge for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might as well win. Its more fun.

We can definitely win this one. If we limit turnovers and defend it is 50-50 and maybe slightly in our favor. I realize that I should have bolder “if”. They are not great offensively and want to get points off turnovers, kind of like Baylor. They killed ISU with their defense and we can’t let them do that to us - stay out of the traps.

I’m high on Jacob as well. But, even I would not have guessed he might be picked as the Player of the Game. It was good to see him having so much fun! I’m more convinced now than ever that he will be a real asset next season!

I've questioned that this entire season. He shot well last night. BUT, when he hits shots, rebounds... I mean really mixes it up and gets competitive ones. And plays defense? We might have something. If he can get more physical in the offseason and continue to improve his rebounding I wonder if backing up/complimenting Hill at the 4 would be his best option next year with all the guard talent we have coming in..

Will be interesting to see if Mo runs some offense again tonight or if he decides to use Cortes more. I suspect Cortes will at least have more restricted minutes if he plays at all unless there is bad foul trouble. Baylor and Tech are both tough Ds for a true frosh to face.

I've questioned that this entire season. He shot well last night. BUT, when he hits shots, rebounds... I mean really mixes it up and gets competitive ones. And plays defense? We might have something. If he can get more physical in the offseason and continue to improve his rebounding I wonder if backing up/complimenting Hill at the 4 would be his best option next year with all the guard talent we have coming in..

Good point about his rebounding. I thought it, along with his shooting, was awesome last night. And his D has come a long way. He got switched onto some very tough situations on D and lost a few battles but played a great overall game.

Will be interesting to see if Mo runs some offense again tonight or if he decides to use Cortes more. I suspect Cortes will at least have more restricted minutes if he plays at all unless there is bad foul trouble. Baylor and Tech are both tough Ds for a true frosh to face.

Yeah, as good as Baylor's D is, Tech is on another level. I'd think Cortes won't get much run unless we are in foul trouble or one of the primary ballhandlers is playing poorly. I wonder if Moser was just going by feel last night and didn't want to mix things up too much while we had the lead.

Cortes didn't play last night because Akinjo and Flagler would have abused him. I think he'll get a little more run tonight.

One thing consistent about Tech this year is that they shoot poorly away from home, especially from the outside. Last night, Tech shot 50% from the field (36% from 3)....which hopefully is an outlier. If OU plays the type of defense they are capable of, limits TOs (gulp), and doesn't get killed on the boards, they will be in the game.

I was down on Jacob when he wasnt making shots. I like this Jacob better lately!

I was down on Jacob when he wasnt making shots. I like this Jacob better lately!

Jacob’s defense was my biggest concern. But, while I wasn’t ready to award him with “defender of the year” honors at any point this season, he looked like a different player to me last night. You could see his confidence grow with every shot or good play he made.

I’m hoping that game was a sign of greater things ahead for Jacob Groves!

Back